Share progress/motivation + trying to add friends!

Options
1y177rwxkkbl.jpg
Hi! I'm Iris. SW:230 GW: 140 CW: 170 (9months)
Over quarantine, I hit a new low and my weight hit a new high. At first, I started losing on an extreme diet, but ultimately learned enough to continue losing off of it. I currently practice intermittent fasting 18:6, high volume eating and CICO, I like getting steps in as cardio and started easing back into powerlifting about a month ago, again training for my first powerlifting meet. The last 2 months I once again attempted to lose on a very restricted approach with an all or nothing mindset and as a result have been yo-yoing between 165-175 eating healthy, but then binge eating late at night crap food I don't even really like eating all that much. I finally weighed in at 170 and said, "okay this isn't working" so I am adjusting my goals.
My main why: I want to be happy and comfortable in my body as I possibly can, I want to prove to myself I will follow this goal through and I also want to see the completely different, better version of me that is at the end of this goal- of course, I want to feel how that version progresses as well! I also want to look good in my singlet for my meet, and want to wear cute outfits and a bikini for once. (:
My main concern/challenge has been binge-eating, and stress-eating, I really want to combat that!
My flex: Pretty happy I hit my highest weight because now I'm the lowest weight I've been in 5 years and I've finally established a positive view and practice with nutrition. Although I'm not quite at my goal weight, I get to wear cute outfits and show myself off a lot more.
I apologize for the lengthy post.
The purpose of this post is to hopefully get (women and LGBTQ mainly, but men are welcome too.) friends on my feed in which I can give and receive support and motivation from so I can build a sense of community.
If you are interested in being friends, pls comment SW, GW, CW. Your main why, your concern/challenge and your flex!
If you don't want to be friends of course, at the very least, consider this post a power-up and go ahead and comment anyway. I need the motivation. Cheers!

Replies

• AldiAttorney
    AldiAttorney Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    SW: 210 lbs (considered slightly obese)
    GW: 176 lbs (mini goal), and 170 lbs with 10-15% body fat (long term goal)
    CW: 192 lbs

The why: I have to admit that in my line of business (at least in where I live), appearance matters. I mean, if I look like I can't even take care of myself and look very unhealthy (extreme words: lazy couch potato), how would my potential clients expect me to take care of their problems? Being sharp and looking sharp are two different things, but why not both?

My main challenge: I live in a country where people normally eat rice 3 times a day and it is considered 'weird' to not eat rice daily. However, rice is not the worst part. Most of the dishes we eat with the rice are cooked with a lot of oil, margarine, extreme amount of sodium, and coconut milk. Delicious, but unhealthy. I have difficulties in logging them the right way and fitting them into my macros. In addition to that, water retention due to high amount of carbs and sodium consumed from our 'normal' meals can sometimes confuse me in measuring my progress. Therefore, I need to continuously educate myself on nutrients and learn how to cook my own meals.

Before hitting 210 (again) last month, in 2016 I have successfully went down from 210 to 160 with abs showing, bought a lot of slim-fit dress shirts, and looked really sharp in them at that time. Now I can't even button most of them anymore. However, I'm proud to say that I already know most of 'the how' and surely will reclaim my past glory.

For exercises, I only do weight and resistance training 5-6 days a week, sometimes combined with HIIT 2-3 times a week after my weight session. I don't do much cardio. Running around with the fat weight I carry is painful for my joints.

I'd like to have more friends with similar spirit in my friends list, especially to feel connected during this pandemic. Feel free to add me. :)
  • trevnessittnatree
    trevnessittnatree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can do it buddy!!!
    We all have faith in the fitness family.
    We all are struggling and need support from time to time. Add me on as a friendly motivator.
    You got this!!!
  • LuckiS32
    LuckiS32 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Interested in being friends!

SW: 231 lbs 8/23/21
    GW: 180 lbs TBD
    CW: 224 lbs 8/29/21

My why is because I know I have very poor nutrition habits that I need to change forever. I was 180 prior to the covid pandemic and have yet to get my eating and alcohol consumption under control. I started last week with cooking at home and no alcohol in the house. I rejoined MFP a couple of days ago to track what I'm eating and water consumption. I felt so much better, exercised harder (and easier) at my smaller weight so I want to get back there so I'll feel good about how I look in my clothes and pictures again. I've also had to resume my meds for hypertension so I'm not happy about that. AND none of my clothes fit!

One challenge is that I moved to Thailand about 10 months ago and geez it's hard to stay away from all of the good food, but a lot of it is fried and comes with a rice or noodles. Cooking at home more is definitely the only way for me to lose weight here. The other challenge is that because of covid there are a lot of restrictions in place. For instance, right now, all fitness centers are closed, we have a curfew to be in the house by 9pm, and nothing really is open besides the grocery stores. So sometimes I go to one of the islands to relax and enjoy less restrictions which usually also means consuming too much food and drinks.

I've started doing at home workouts and walking 3 miles on days that I don't do the home routines. I haven't had any alcohol in a week and I'm 7 lbs down so far. I'd love to connect with my LGBT peeps as well!