how old do I look?

Options

Replies

• Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    well 3 people got it.....I'm 22

But wow that was a real eye opener and a good tear jerker to be honest.

I wanted people to be honest so I knew I'm not angry or offended by what anyone has said ( I knew what I was doing when I posted so its my own fault.) I needed to know that I looked 10 years (or more) older than I really am....I only just graduated last year?!?! Worrying eh? I've also thought i looked older and I am more mature but i just thought I'd find out how old people really did think I looked.

SO! the next question is.....what part/PARTS of me is it that makes me look so much oldeer....i.e. tummy, arms, face double chin ( I know its hideous but no idea how to get rid of it I've had it since I was 11-12)

any advice, tips welcom eon here or any new friends welcome :) Thanks guys!
  • Squible
    Options
    The Answer is 22, I snooped at her other forum posts. I would have guessed 30.

WOW...I would have said late 20's. I hope she's not in the corner crying!

She is but don't woorry I did ask for it so its ok!
  • Squible
    Options
    The Answer is 22, I snooped at her other forum posts. I would have guessed 30.

tsk.....ruin the horrible game for everyone heh
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    SO! the next question is.....what part/PARTS of me is it that makes me look so much oldeer....i.e. tummy, arms, face double chin ( I know its hideous but no idea how to get rid of it I've had it since I was 11-12)

A good part of it is your "tired" posture. It ages you.

If you stand up straight, ready to tackle the world(!!) it will take years off you.

Easy fix! :flowerforyou:
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Girl dont be down about the guesses. You are beautiful, what do YOU want to change, its not about what other people think its about you and what makes YOU happy. =)

If you have areas that you dont like, ask for tips, but dont ask for people to call you out thats way to hard for self esteem and like i said its what you consider beautiful and what makes you happy, no one else. Gotta do it for you or you'll never be happy. Speaking from experience =/
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

A good part of it is your "tired" posture. It ages you.

If you stand up straight, ready to tackle the world(!!) it will take years off you.

Easy fix! :flowerforyou:

Agreed! Stand up straight!

Shoulders back.

Good girl :)
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    late 20's early 30's
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    late 20's early 30's

We're not guessing anymore...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Excess fat on just about anyone's face usually gives the illusion of being older.
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    33-35
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    27?

oh just saw that you are 22 :bigsmile: Have fun and party! :)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Now that I have lost weight people have told me I look years younger. So losing the weight will help. Let this help motivate you to make a change.
  • kaylynn54
    Options
    Girl dont be down about the guesses. You are beautiful, what do YOU want to change, its not about what other people think its about you and what makes YOU happy. =)

If you have areas that you dont like, ask for tips, but dont ask for people to call you out thats way to hard for self esteem and like i said its what you consider beautiful and what makes you happy, no one else. Gotta do it for you or you'll never be happy. Speaking from experience =/

I was about to write almost the same thing. You have done a wonderful job with losing weight and just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry about anybody else!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    well 3 people got it.....I'm 22

But wow that was a real eye opener and a good tear jerker to be honest.

I wanted people to be honest so I knew I'm not angry or offended by what anyone has said ( I knew what I was doing when I posted so its my own fault.) I needed to know that I looked 10 years (or more) older than I really am....I only just graduated last year?!?! Worrying eh? I've also thought i looked older and I am more mature but i just thought I'd find out how old people really did think I looked.

My guess was 31 because I thought you looked about the same age as my daughter, but most people think she's younger than she is so maybe that wasn't fair. Plus your pic is quite small so it was impossible to see a close up of your face which is really the most telling about age. I wouldn't read too much into guesses made on a tiny pic on the internet. Body shape and size isn't much to go on when judging age.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Excess fat on just about anyone's face usually gives the illusion of being older.

IMO that's not always true, especially as you age. If you are older and lose fat in your face it often makes the wrinkles more noticable. One really good reason for you younger folks to lose, or keep it off, now.
  • caligirl328
    Options
    You look like your in your 30's :-)
  • jmikels67
    Options
    I would have guessed mid 20's, I see you are 22. You are a cute girl, I agree with an earlier poster that changing your posture will do marvelous things for how you look. Stand up straight, get those shoulders back and tummy in (don't tilt your hips forward) and you will look fantastic! If you like to play with hair and makeup, that could possibly change your look too, if you want to look more playful, professional, or whatever look you're going for. Don't sweat it, just stand up straight and proud, you're an attractive girl! :-)
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Posture and style is what I think makes you look older. Oh, and the terrible camera angle of the pics! No one looks good being photographed from underneath. Weight is not a factor IMO of how old or young someone looks.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I would have said mid 20's. I dont think you LOOK older, I just think you FEEL/THINK/ACT older!!

Weight isn't necessarily aging I dont think. It can be, but I dont think that's your problem. The way you hold yourself (posture, pride, presence), the way you dress, the make up you were, the way you style your hair and the way you act is more relevant.

The angle of those pictures dont help!! Always take pictures with the camera looking down on you - hides the chin!

I reckon if you acted confident, smiled, put your hair in bunches and wore some shorts with a full, cute top, you'd look about 16!

:flowerforyou: