Good Snacks.

Hi do anyone of you know of snacks that will be healthy to eat?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I usually snack on strawberries or blueberries or watermelon....like jerky as well, but it gets expensive. Little Tillamook cheese squares but I have to be careful with those because once I get going on cheese it's hard to stop.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,019 Member
    Pretty much any snack that helps you achieve your nutrition goals (or at least doesn't prevent meeting them), and that fits in your calorie goal, is healthy to eat.

I like crispy broad beans, string cheese, various kinds of whole fruit, sometimes a small piece of good dark chocolate, prunes, dried mangoes, pickles of various types (including pickled hard-boiled eggs), plain Greek yogurt with chocolate PB2 mixed in, then mixed with frozen berries . . . .
  • LiliRose2707
    LiliRose2707 Posts: 39 Member
    Thanks.😊
  • Nicole_Darling00
    Nicole_Darling00 Posts: 32 Member
    Pineapple, sugar free pudding, and carrots are my favorites right now!
  • PopGoesTheCoyote
    PopGoesTheCoyote Posts: 94 Member
    I made my own pickles and I snack on a couple of those. Going to try to roast some chickpeas soon.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Ooh yes, +1 roasted chickpeas! You can flavor them however you like - last time I did a spicy sriracha and lime combo and it was delicious.

Hummus is also good as a dipping sauce for raw veggies like carrot or celery sticks. A cafe near me sells a little snack box with carrot, celery, cherry tomatoes, a dollop of hummus and a pita cut into triangles, it's about 250 cal for the lot and about a third of that is the pita.
  • LiliRose2707
    Thank.🙂. I do eat chickpeas with Italian dressing.
  • stortina
    stortina Posts: 37 Member
    Cut up carrots, celery, cucumber. Team with a low cal dip - mind your portions though - and/or just a bit of salt. Apples are great, and filling - lots of new varieties out there these days that are really sweet and crunchy, worth trying. Strawberries and cantaloupe are super low calorie fruits too.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I start with berries and if still hungry go to popcorn.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    air-popped popcorn
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    I don't really think about snacks as 'heathy' or 'unhealthy'....just make sure what you eat is logged and fits into your calorie goal. When I'm choosing a snack I often simply think about how satisfied it will make me feel and how long I need it to satiate me.

So my go to snacks are:

Chili roasted pistachios
    Larabars (which I also eat for 'breakfast'...since I don't really eat that meal during the week)
    Duke's smoked shorty sausages
    Banana/apple with peanut butter
    Veggies (like carrots/bell peppers) or pretzel chips with hummus
    Yogurt w/fruit
    Dried fruit and nuts

but....hey if I want a Little Debbie brownie....I'd eat that. The only thing stopping me there is usually I know that won't satiate me for long for the amount of calories in it.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I always hard boil at least half a dozen eggs, peel them and keep them in the fridge for snacks. They're good for about 3 days (they rarely last that long though, I use them up in curry if needed).
  • OllieS0806
    OllieS0806 Posts: 21 Member
    I've been eating fresh cherries with zero-fat plain Greek yogurt. Add a little splenda and vanilla extract, and it tastes great. Total calories 179 with about 20g of protein.
  • LiliRose2707
    Thanks for your good ideas.
  • SL62814
    SL62814 Posts: 22 Member
    Tofu sandwiches, brussels salad, sauteed mushrooms and onions, my one of the favorites.
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Mozzarella slices with a dip of honey
    Frozen banana slices or fresh apple slices with peanut butter
    A few pieces of dark chocolate with fresh strawberries
    Yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit (cottage cheese with peaches, yum!)
    Veggie slices with a small amount of dill dip or hummus
    Energy bites

These have been my go-to's lately. Hope they help!
  • LiliRose2707
    Is tofu sandwich good where buy it? I do like veggie with some dip.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Myself and my kids enjoy lara bars, kind bars, danon light & fit greek yogurt, fruit, babybel cheese, edamame, nuts, and premier protein shakes.
  • LiliRose2707
    I like babybel cheese and edamame.
  • VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    My current obsession is toasted light bread spread with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and sugar free raspberry jam. The cheese magically becomes like a cross between cream cheese and butter with the addition of the jam...it's positively dreamy.