Mindless Eating

Options
So what do you eat when you watch tv or know it's gonna be some mindless eating? I usually have 1 cup of plain cheerios or have an apple in several thin slices so it takes a while.

Replies

• sbremner35
    sbremner35 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have tried to keep some strawberries and grapefruit in the fridge so can have a healthy snack - but sometimes i do not always manage to be good :(
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I chew gum usually.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I eat carrots, and celery, sometimes nuts but those add up quickly. Oh and veggie sticks, low in fat and calories.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I typically make up a fruit and veggie plate. Grapes, orange slices, pineapple, apple slices, canteloupe, honey dew, celery, carrots, broccoli, and a litle dip.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If I start snacking, I can't stop. I go exercise, but if I can't I drink water. Usually fixes it.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I try to eat lots of veggies, but there is a book "Mindless Eating" that I would highly recommend, it's short, easy to read and VERY eye opening :)!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Dry cereal (multigrain cheerios) Almonds, Fruit, Popcorn...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Strawberries or grapes are great...although my preferred mindless eating snack are pretzels, I can't buy them anymore, because even if I count out the amount I get to have, I always end up going back for more...so sad I have no self control, LOL!!!!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Depends...sometimes fruit, a sandwich, water, fiber one bar, graham crackers. I like to have a variety of things :drinker:
  • MACnCHEESEY
    MACnCHEESEY Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    baby carrots and grape tomatoes with a small cup of dip :)
    sometimes you just need to crunch and munch!

or, watermelon & berries

I do love dry cereal, too :) frosted mini wheats or multigrain cheerios are favorites, but, i tend to want way more than the portion size. i have a hard time stopping myself from over eating those.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I try to keep my hands busy so I'm *not* snacking - either crocheting or messing around on my laptop while I watch TV. Seems to help.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    normally ice cream or greek yogurt mixed with sf/ff instant pudding mix or protein powder
  • genthel
    genthel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Plain ice...something to chew. Or, if I am craving something sweet I fix a crystal lite, tea or diet soda...with a lof of ice in it.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything when I'm watching TV/ movies. I'm used to playing video games in front of a TV, which means both hands occupied... which in turn means no eating.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I take an orange with me to the couch so I have to peel it and get all the membranes and pith off. Takes forever, keeps you busy

I also like to nurse a cup of hot tea, coffee, or cocoa
    Maybe sip something through a straw like soda, iced tea, or iced coffee
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    For me, it's been all about breaking the habit. Mindless eating just ain't allowed no mo at my house. :)

I've worked hard to get out of the habit of just going to fridge without thinking about it. Don't get me wrong: I still do it. But I think I'm pretty much to the place (finally) that when I open the fridge door, I ask myself what the heck I think I'm doing, then close the door again. Works most of the time.

When I need a snack, I like unsalted almonds, 100 calorie pack popcorn, baby carrots and grape tomatoes.
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat while I am watching t.v. if I do it is usually popcorn. Luckily we don't have the tv hooked up to the outside world, so the only tv watching is either watching dvd's or playing games on the wii, so don't watch it alot. My eating comes inbetween meals. That is where I need to make sure have plenty of snacks on hand and ready to eat instead of grabbing granola bars, which I did this morning. One day at a time. Have a great week!
  • chicorac
    Options
    Special K crackers or cheerios if I eat anything. I try to stay busy so I don't mindless eat
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    In the past I've sliced one cucumber very thinly with a mandoline, and eaten them from a bowl like chips. Pretty yummy, and one cucumber yields a lot of thin slices for very few cals!
  • sdwelk11
    Options
    I MAKE PLAIN POPCORN WITH MRS DASH OR ANY OTHER SEASONING ITS LOW CAL AND YUMMY AND MINDLESS!

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: