Overcame that PLATEAU!!! HOORAY

So excited overcame the plateau I was on for 4 weeks with a 3 pound loss seems like alot but thrilled!!!

YEH only 6 more to go!!!

For all of you stuck, stick with it!!!! I really almost gave up so many times!

I think the key was totally rearranging my workouts and adding Jump rope every other day uped that cardio!!

Im sure another plateau will hit but now i see determination will get you thru.
:bigsmile:

Replies

• faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    So excited overcame the plateau I was on for 4 weeks with a 3 pound loss seems like alot but thrilled!!!

YEH only 6 more to go!!!

I think the key was totally rearranging my workouts and adding Jump rope every other day uped that cardio!!

• amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    great job............keep it going!!:flowerforyou:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    :yawn: I am stuck, I need help!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    I needed this today!!:happy: I seem to have hit a plateau the last 2 weeks. I've been very good with the food and exercise, and I can see the inches lost, the loose pants. BUT.... I'd really like the re-assurance of the scale!:grumble: :noway: I think this has affected my determination to stick with the food- I refuse to call it a diet!!!! I have thought about a splurge day but afraid it will derail me like it has in the past. Your encouragement will get me through!!:flowerforyou:
  • faylou

I know how you feel I was stuck for sooo long, i felt that nothing would change.

Just rearrange something, Crazy but trying a totally different exercise worked changed what my body was used to and it had to work for it..
    You can do it!!!
  • faylou
    I needed this today!!:happy: I seem to have hit a plateau the last 2 weeks. I've been very good with the food and exercise, and I can see the inches lost, the loose pants. BUT.... I'd really like the re-assurance of the scale!:grumble: :noway: I think this has affected my determination to stick with the food- I refuse to call it a diet!!!! I have thought about a splurge day but afraid it will derail me like it has in the past. Your encouragement will get me through!!:flowerforyou:

I have had splurge days One day on the weekend , I will have ice cream a cadbury cream egg not crazy :noway: but enjoy those things you love!!!!
    Those plateaus suck the really do!!!

Stick with it ,change your routine a little mix up your body. totally worked for me , maybe for you as well!!
    :heart:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member

I know how you feel I was stuck for sooo long, i felt that nothing would change.

Just rearrange something, Crazy but trying a totally different exercise worked changed what my body was used to and it had to work for it..
    You can do it!!!

Ok thanks I will try to do that. I have been doing the elliptical and different kinds of tae bo...I will try jogging or something. Thanks again :blushing:
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59
    Great job sticking with it!! Plateaus can be soooooo frustrating. I hit a loooong one a while back and I remember dreading checking the scale because I knew it hadn't moved (or even gone up!)

Then I read something about cycling my calories (eating a bit below my dailiy calories one day and above another each week and aiming for total calories over a few days rather than daily.) It really seemed to jolt my system, plus it seems easier to follow. It's like the day after I eat a bit below, I can get a little reward by eating a bit more the next day. Anyone else tried that before?
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    YAY!!! I just got off my plateau last week too! :bigsmile: Those damn things are rough!! :laugh:

Congrats and keep up the great work! IT's great to see that we really can do it, even when we're thrown rough patch! :flowerforyou:
  • pfeif21
    pfeif21 Posts: 27
    Great job sticking with it!! Plateaus can be soooooo frustrating. I hit a loooong one a while back and I remember dreading checking the scale because I knew it hadn't moved (or even gone up!)

Then I read something about cycling my calories (eating a bit below my dailiy calories one day and above another each week and aiming for total calories over a few days rather than daily.) It really seemed to jolt my system, plus it seems easier to follow. It's like the day after I eat a bit below, I can get a little reward by eating a bit more the next day. Anyone else tried that before?

is this true?? im so confused. i was SOOOOOO good for a while and i went down 4 lbs .. then on saturday night i went out and drank a bit and had some eggs too late which was not good. but i was good the next day and i worked out hard! when i woke up this morning (2 days afterwards) i had gone up FIVE LBS... what IS that?????? help.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Push hard and challenge yourself with excercise ..for anyone who is stuck try adding 30min daily onto your routine *cardio*..i havent plateaued yet but i change my routine daily...good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I was stuck for like a month. was VERY frustrating. then I went out of town for the weekend, ate and drank whatever I wanted (mainly cuz I was frustrated and figured- why not?)

got home, got right back on track, and BOOM two pounds have dropped since last weekend! WOOT!

Bansky was right about the cheeseburger thing- LOL
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I've been stuck since Thanksgiving-- really, really frustrating. Tons of stress don't help-- so I'm basically giving up the scale and watching it like a hawk and will just continue trying to shake up my exercise and doing what I'm doing-- which are all the "right" things-- I even tried the binge-- LOL. Eventually I know it's gonna budge.

Nice to hear it happens eventually-- at least to SOME people-- sheesh.

Happy for you!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    That is so great, keep up the great work.
  • JennaH
    JennaH Posts: 59

is this true?? im so confused. i was SOOOOOO good for a while and i went down 4 lbs .. then on saturday night i went out and drank a bit and had some eggs too late which was not good. but i was good the next day and i worked out hard! when i woke up this morning (2 days afterwards) i had gone up FIVE LBS... what IS that?????? help.

Whenever my weight shoots up fast like that (esp after drinking or eating salty food) it usually because I retain water like crazy. I've "gained" 10 lbs in days before. Make sure you're drinking your water. Remember, there are 3500 calories in one pound of fat, so for those pounds to be fat, you would have had to eat 17500 extra calories!
    When I cycle my calories, I also still try to make sure that I am avoiding empty calories, and the difference per day is only a couple hundred.
  • I'm so excited for you. I'm not losing anything.
    But I'm waiting for an abdominal hernia to be repaired
    and the Dr. said that might be hindering my digestion.
    I'm trying to build the habits in the meantime.
    I love reading things like this.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member

YEH only 6 more to go!!!

wtg uping the workout always works!!:drinker:
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    WTG :)
  • does anyone know the calories you burn when you work your abs??? i do 200 a day .. LOVE THIS SITE
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    does anyone know the calories you burn when you work your abs??? i do 200 a day .. LOVE THIS SITE

that would depend on what you do. 200 crunches?

but regardless, it's very light. Ab work isn't really the way to burn calories. It's a very small, often used (more then you would think) muscle group and as thus, it's pretty efficient (efficient = burn less calories). So combine the fact that abs are slow twitch muscles, a small muscle group, and already very efficient, and you get poor cardio numbers.

Not saying they aren't important, they ARE. But they aren't important to burning a lot of calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!