New and fustrated

Options
2»

Replies

• mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can do this... surround yourself with some good motivating friends on here. Log in everyday and log what you eat. Drink all of your water because that really helps. And most of all, it will be slow, But as many has said "slow and steady wins the race"
    You will do just fine.:flowerforyou:
    Friend me if you wish.:wink:
  • determiend24
    determiend24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again for the encouraging words and advice. Also, when I exercise, is it good to enter it in at the end of the day, or when I do it. I don't want to confuse myself, I was told by someone here at work who also uses this says that your calories will go up when they entered the exercise as if they had more calories to eat?
  • StormChaser217
    StormChaser217 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't call mine a diet anymore . I call it a change in how I eat and do things . You can do it ! I also get very discouraged , but with everyones encouragement on here I am doing it .
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    fustration will only produce a "give up" atittude in the end! Trust me, I know all too well! This is my 2nd (and final) try at losing weight! I am no expert but I think the 1st thing to do is see a doctor to make sure everything is ok and you won't be putting yourself in any dangers by working out and cutting cals. After that, go for it!!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....this is a great resource for weight loss and fitness and great people to provide support. This has to be something that you are committed to and you have to realize that it takes time....I'm not patient either....but I also realize that it took me a long time (and many bad habits) to get to this weight....so take it slow and steady....log everything you eat.....and don't look at it like a diet, it's not, it's a lifestyle change. One day at a time and you can do it! Friend me if you like, we all need support!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again for the encouraging words and advice. Also, when I exercise, is it good to enter it in at the end of the day, or when I do it. I don't want to confuse myself, I was told by someone here at work who also uses this says that your calories will go up when they entered the exercise as if they had more calories to eat?

You DO get more calories to eat! Fuel for your workouts. Look up "eating your exercise calories back." This is another thread entirely.

Good luck on your journey!
  • determiend24
    determiend24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I wasn't sure.
  • brandi2882
    Options
    Setting goals will help with the frustration. Start with setting an overall goal (like to lose so many pounds). Then set smaller goals that you can reach along the way (like walking three miles a week or seeing how far you can walk/jog in 30 minutes and beating last week's time). These small goals will give you a sense of accomplishment and keep you motivated while you are on your way to your overall goal.