New friends and motivation buddy

Options
Heyyyy,
Im 29, a hard working civil servant working shift work!
I’ve now lost 36lbs in weight!

Now trying to ensure I eat better and exercise more.
Working on strength and conditioning after losing alot of weight my body shape has changed dramatically, so now I’m focusing on strength training mostly in order to tone and sculpt, although cardio is still very much in there.

Looking at my nutrition has helped but I sometimes lack motivation after a long busy week at work so hoping for find some motivational buddies to keep me motivated and also so I can encourage others with their goals.

If you think thats you feel free to add.
Not interested in any creepy messages FYI.
Thanks

Replies

• hbobs32
    hbobs32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Carla. I'm new here.
    Well done on your weight loss that's amazing and my goal is to lose 36lbs!. I hope you don't mind me asking how long did it take you? Did you do lots of exercise as well ? I have a back disorder and left leg paralysis. I have weights at home which I want to try and get back to doing so could do with a bit of motivation!
    Feel free to add or message:) x
  • carla4068
    carla4068 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, it took me a year, eating better but still enjoying the things I love and just moving more.
    Happy to add you.
    Hope you’re well
  • elizabethherberger
    Options
    Hi Carla—I’ve lost 57 lbs, my goal is to lose 74 total. Happy to be a support on here :) Will add you!
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Carla- I am with you! Nutrition/overeating is definitely what is holding me back, too. I enjoy exercise but ... I also enjoy sweets, lol. :)
    I'd like to add you, and feel free to add me, too!
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sweets and Sweats….I know all about that! Friend me. I’m funny and try to be motivational. I lost my weight, then lost my mind. Should have continued logging, but got married and ate dessert daily….back at it to change my food relationship.
  • luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Katie. I've been on mfp for quite a lot of years. Sometimes I log food but mostly it's to keep try of workouts and two years ago I decided to post and ask for friends for motivation and I love supporting others too. I do intermittent fasting and I love weight lifting. Anyone is welcome to send me a request!