I'm New: Prediabetes and Paleo/Primal

Options
So I just wanted to say hi to everyone, i have been using this site for about a month and am very excited about my progress. I just had a few questions: Is there anyone out there who is struggling with Prediabetes? Are you doing Paleo or Primal? Or both? I would love to have some insight/suggestions/support from people who are or have been through the same things. I have mainly been using this to log the foods that I have been eating, but also track my exercise. If there is anyone out there that could offer me encouragement or help I would appreciate it! =)

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Did a doctor or nutritionist suggest primal to help with the pre-diabetes? (Not anti or anything, just wondering how you chose)
  • slyvers
    Options
    Hi! I have been on here for about a month as well. I joined ages ago, and never used it until my husband and I started the Primal Blueprint. I needed some way to track the carbs, as well as calories, and i have been very pleased thus far with both the tracking/reporting capabilities of the site AND my progress on Primal.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I went Primal at the end of April and it was the single best thing I have done for my body and health. My dad is on dialysis and my brother was diagnosed last year. I would never have let myself gain weight like they had but I would've still become diabetic due to my eating habits.

I don't care what anyone says. Grain carbs are useless. I'll stick with my veggies and berries. AND EAT MY 70% OF CALORIES IN FAT EACH DAY!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No one actually suggested eating this way, my husband was thinking and reading about it from another website and the more we read the more we were convinced this was the way to go. Even while eating this way my body is very sensitive to sugar/carbs of any kind. Just a little and they will sky rocket (and take a while to come back down). So I'm still in the experimental phase of what is right for me and my body. Needless to say, even though I'm still struggling, I am the healthiest I have ever been in my adult life. I started at 219 after having my daughter and I am now at 184 and doing some form of exercise every day. This was a lifestyle change but definitely worth it. :happy:
  • EdelweissViola
    Options
    I have been paleo since around May (with a few stints off due to traveling). I love it. I feel better than ever and realized that gluten sensitivity was the cause of stomach issues for many years.