60 this year and lost 1/2 my body weight

Options
Can’t believe I’m typing this, but after a very long journey starting at 20 stone 7 pounds, I now weigh 10 stone 8 pounds. Just 3.5 pounds until I’m half the woman I used to be. I’m about 5’4” so it was a lot to carry. I live in the London/Essex area of UK and welcome any contact

Replies

• GrandmaCountsCalories
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success. I'm the same height as you, and am just starting at a weight of 308 pounds (22 stone). Any info on what approach you took, how long it took, what you learned along the way... would be much appreciated.
  • besshaile
    besshaile Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! You must feel so wonderful now; more energetic, more flexible, able to wear cuter clothes. Congratulations. I have been to Essex - stayed in Chelmsford for 2 weeks with friends. And I live in Essex County, VA! Don't you love a coincidence?
  • 1J48
    1J48 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • cymande1961
    cymande1961 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Inspiring journey! I'm close to your height and by the time my journey ends I too will have lost 1/2 my original weight! (Still have a long way to go.) Congratulations!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Sharon! Long journey, but so worth it for you/your health!
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    Jem594 wrote: »
    <3 that's amazing! good for you! I'm 59 and need to lose at least half my weight...so I'm very inspired.

I'm in the same boat! I'm 57 with a long long way to go. Maybe we should get together a group of us who are in the 50's and have a lot to lose! :) I need to lose half my body weight. I keep trying but it isn't budging. Right now, also doing intermittant fasting and that isn't working.
  • juls3299
    juls3299 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    amazing well done!
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well done. Very inspiring! I’m 59, have lost 30 lbs, and have 100 to go. Will send a friend request
  • swanjun
    swanjun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

I'm 47, but the rest still applies. Could I join, too?
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,333 Member
    Options
    There is a thread under"motivation and support" titled Women 200+ Let's Shine This September. Lots of support and encouragement from these girls.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    congrats on your progress
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! I'm 60 and have been working at losing and maintaining a 28-lb loss for over 6 years. This isn't easy at any age, but I feel like there's some extra challenge at our age- Congratulations!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I need to lose half my body weight and would love to make friends with those on the same journey!
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!