How to loose 50 lbs in 3 Months

Options
jerrblake
jerrblake Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
K now Your Strengths

Take note of the obstacles you are facing when it comes to losing weight and be honest with yourself. Is your job, friends, time, money, stress, etc. holding you back from being successful? Being aware of your weaknesses and making a list of the hurdles you will need to jump, will help prepare you for these challenges as they arise.

2. Have Cheat Meals not Cheat Days

Contrary to popular belief, dieting and deprivation do not need to go hand in hand. It is possible to enjoy a healthy lifestyle and still splurge from time to time. Follow the 80/20 rule and strive to keep 80% of your intake on track, while giving yourself 20% of wiggle room.

3.Reduce Hunger

Having more than 50 pounds of excess weight can sometimes make weight reduction more difficult, especially if your hunger-fullness cues are out of whack.

4. Burn More Calories

The more you move, the more you burn each day. Exercise is also a great way to build more lean muscle mass to increase your metabolism and allow you to burn more body fat.

5. Eat more veggies

- in fact, aim to make half of your plate veggies
Drink more water, or only water
Drink less alcohol and sugar-sweetened beverages
Eat more protein, especially lean proteins like fish, chicken, beans, and lentils.
Eat less processed foods - anything with ingredients you cannot pronounce
Eat less sugar and options with added sugar.
Eat less high-fat items like fried/breaded meats, heavy sauces, and use fewer dressings, oils, and butter.

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Odd that you're an RD and imply that losing approximately 17lbs a month isn't a "quick fix".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Also not sure why this would show up in the fitness/exercise board, as opposed to a general heath, diet and nutrition topic board.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 50 pounds in three months?

I suppose if someone is starting at 300+ that might be okay - but under a doctor's supervision and only for the first 50. After that, unless s/he is doing crazy amounts of exercise then nutrition becomes a big issue if you're trying to create that big of a deficit. That rate of loss while still getting sufficient nutrition would only continue to work with a lot of exercise. Like several hours a day.

Also, what happened to that second graphic? Looks like it got cut off?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    As an aside, some of the tips in the first image are way off base too.
    Honey water in the morning?! (and then subsequently saying to reduce sugar intake)
    Fruit juice and eggs in the morning?
    Eat more fish?
    Eat your water?
    Seems arbitrary to me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Haha, Lietchi. I didn't even read that graphic.

I don't think the OP is "girlsmantra" either.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't think the OP is "girlsmantra" either.

Lol, I missed that bit. Not, it doesn't seem likely when looking at the OP's profile picture :mrgreen:
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Juice??? Honey water??? The mind boggles.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Lose weight or loose weight? Very different things.
This discussion has been closed.