WAY Over Today

Options
First day since I started tracking on about 8/15 that I went over and I did it in style 🥺. But it’s just a day and I wrote it all down and that’s all.

Goodnight and thanks for listening!

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Yes to the other replies! Back to it today. :) Don't be like me and let it keep you down for a week, 2 weeks, etc. It's not impossible but a little harder to bounce back from. One day is just 1 day. Don't beat yourself up and be gentle with yourself! You're doing great. :)
  • thecic
    thecic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Way to be in control!!!

But it’s just a day and I wrote it all down and that’s all.

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    ^^ very good point about under eating. Sooner or later, it leads to overeating (and other harms). Taking an extra minute up front to make sure the calorie goal is appropriate saves soooo much time and effort downstream.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    meh. i bet i can beat that.

i ate 2000 calories in nutter butter cookies yesterday. 1600 over my calories for the day. its logged.

i dont regret it. :D

Haha they sound delicious!
    Calories that are enjoyed without regret are worth it 😁
    I've had a couple of days of excess over this weekend with scary amounts of calories mostly boozy calories - no regrets.
    I'm back to it today.
  • oakster69
    oakster69 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are starting off well. It is good that you recognize your day over and document it. You have a chance to fix it by a little more excercise and a little less calories over the next couple days to even it out. To win a long weight loss battle, we have to take it one day at a time, and watch every day, but the results come over time and good days help mitigate bad days... etc. Keep it up!
  • felixisalady
    felixisalady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support. I 1) didn’t realize that these comments wouldn’t trigger the little bell guy in the upper left and corner so didn’t know there were any replies 🥺 until today, and 2) didn’t know MFP had an averaging function… going to look now.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,014 Member
    Options
    Re the 'little bell guy' - it only shows posts added to threads you have clicked the star at top right hand corner of thread ( or you can do it for a thread on the thread list in each section.)

The star then goes from a silhouette to yellow.

This applies to threads you start yourself as well as other threads.

( you can also do the opposite - if you lose interest in a thread you can click it back to remove it from your notifications.)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,156 Member
    Options
    When you click on the bell, you can open your notification settings. Being notified when people answer on your threads is an option you can activate.