Fast food - Salad suggestion!

Options
I know alot of fast food places aren't the best ideas when trying to lose weight or maintain but.. if you're on the go and is craving a delicious salad.. I'd just like to throw one healthier option that is SO delicious! El Pollo Loco's Grilled Chicken Salad.. just make sure to tell them to take out the tortilla chips, no cheese and no dressing. Substitute the dressing for their *Pico De Gallo* it's SO good, has a bit of a spice to it as well :) Oh, and not super high in sodium like other places might be!

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Dang....with all that special ordering, it sounds easier to make it yourself.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    sounds good. There is jack n the box in my area, and their grilled chicken salad is really good. Even get the dressing since its fat free yum!
  • lvitel
    Options
    I just went to Moe's today and got the close talker salad... same premise. It worked great and I didn't feel cheated.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just make my own most of the time..that way I know what is on it and how many calories it really is.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options

Welcome to the fast-food world of a vegan-- even a vegetarian! Take out the chicken and I could probably eat that salad but what's left? Lettuce topped with pico? And they always charge full price.

but regardless. Sometimes you just can't help it.

I heard Zaxby's salads are good but I can't imagine their dressings being low cal.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    my thoughts exactly
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A, their garden salad is only 70 cals, all veggies with a very small amount of cheese. Use 1/2 a packet of their lite italian dressing and it's all under 90 calories.
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    usually fast food has the packaged dressing so i never use all of it and then i get grilled chicken. i like the wendy's grilled chicken caesar salad. well that is assuming they still have it. it's been a while since I have been to wendy's.

for me it always seems that salads i get while out are way better than any salad i could ever make at home.
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    It probably IS easier and more economical to pack the salad yourself just the way you like it, but the point was an option for people who may not have packed a lunch and are on the go. Thank you for the suggestion! Though we don't have that restaurant here :(
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    It probably IS easier and more economical to pack the salad yourself just the way you like it, but the point was an option for people who may not have packed a lunch and are on the go. Thank you for the suggestion! Though we don't have that restaurant here :(

Exactly! Thanks for this response :)
  • aliciaryoung
    aliciaryoung Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Chipotle burrito bowls are GREAT. No tortilla, and you can customize what you want in there. I get mine with grilled chicken, black beans, tomatoes, corn, peppers and a little bit (talking like the smallest possible) of guac. So Yummy.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I love Chick Fil A's grilled chicken garden salad. It's only 180 cals. I had a big salad for lunch today at a local deli. It was a chef salad but I had them leave off the cheese and bacon. Saved a lot of cals/fat there. I mostly eat salads when I eat out and if there's stuff on it that I can't eat I just take it off. It's a total pain in the rear sometimes but I rather do that than scarf down 1000 cals unnecessarily.

Oh, and supposedly Moes has some pretty good choices for eating healthy. There are suggestions on their website and they even post calories, etc.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the half blt cobb from wendys w ranch dressing. I get a small chili and its a great lunch for me.