60 this year and lost 1/2 my body weight

Options

Replies

• NYPhotographer2021
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm 58, soon to be 59 and I was afraid I would never go down in weight because of my age. So it is great to see it is possible! Congratulations to everyone who made their goal!
  • tantanstic
    tantanstic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Can you tell us what you did to lose 1/2 your weight and how long did it take you? If you have a link to your plan that would be great! Many thanks from Toronto, ON Canada, who is a 52 year old working on losing 1/4 of my body weight.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Congratulations!

I'm 64 and working on that too! My highest weight 255 lbs, second time, :-( Lost 133 lbs before. Took me a year. I'm down to 200 lbs now and my goal is 122 lbs AGAIN.
    At that time I wasn't employees and exercised A LOT!
    This time I work full time, mainly 12 hour days, so only exercise my 3 days off. So it is a slower road this time for me, which is ok.
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sharon7986 wrote: »
    Can’t believe I’m typing this, but after a very long journey starting at 20 stone 7 pounds, I now weigh 10 stone 8 pounds. Just 3.5 pounds until I’m half the woman I used to be. I’m about 5’4” so it was a lot to carry. I live in the London/Essex area of UK and welcome any contact

Wow!! That is amazing & inspiring! Do you mind sharing more of how you went about things?
  • WTGNicole
    Options
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

I would join for sure :smile:
  • ladyg67
    ladyg67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • Skinny60s
    Skinny60s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations thats epic! You must feel amazing and smiling from ear to ear .. your health and fitness at this young tender age of 60 (ha ha I'm 59 turning 60 in April so am planning to bring 60 in at a weight I haven't been for a very long time) .. It's just an age and we have many more years of fitness and adventure so lets inspire each other as you have just done for me .. I am a little taller but am on the journey to lose at least 20 kilos and have just clocked a 7 kilo loss and have only just discovered the community in My Fitness Pal..
  • Jem594
    Jem594 Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Skinny60s wrote: »
    Congratulations thats epic! You must feel amazing and smiling from ear to ear .. your health and fitness at this young tender age of 60 (ha ha I'm 59 turning 60 in April so am planning to bring 60 in at a weight I haven't been for a very long time) .. It's just an age and we have many more years of fitness and adventure so lets inspire each other as you have just done for me .. I am a little taller but am on the journey to lose at least 20 kilos and have just clocked a 7 kilo loss and have only just discovered the community in My Fitness Pal..

I'm 59 turning 60 in April as well buddy! good luck with your loss!

HT 5'10
    SW 431
    CW 429
  • lmsabato
    lmsabato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 60 and want to lose 20. Down 6 so far but it's been tough! Congrats to all of you who are persisting!
  • dodieneatfreakwannabe
    Options
    swanjun wrote: »
    Why don't we make a community/group of women who are in their 50's who need to lose half their body weight? I think we could do a lot to support each other! :) What do you all think? @pdd1216 @Jem594 @cymande1961 and anyone else! :)

I'm 47, but the rest still applies. Could I join, too?

Why not! :)
  • WTGNicole
    Options
    So proud of you! I too lost half my body weight in the last two years! I'm 56 years. 8gk33dddgkn2.jpg
    qknp3bjbrg8s.jpg

Wowwww that's amazing! I'm so inspired! How did you find the motivation to keep going?
  • dubonnet480
    dubonnet480 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    well done you!
  • diddly
    diddly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    @ dodieneatfreakwannabe

Please can I be in
  • Goodgollygee
    Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Diddly, I would join. Congrats Sharon and Fitwithfaith! You are both so inspiring!
  • Sharon7986
    Sharon7986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! I too lost half my body weight in the last two years! I'm 56 years. 8gk33dddgkn2.jpg
    qknp3bjbrg8s.jpg

well done you! It's a slog but so worth it. What a transformation you've been through too - It's hard to believe it, in my head I'm still really big. I will try to upload photos but this community messaging is all bit alien to me
    Stay well
    Sharon
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    well done you!

You look fabulous!
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    besshaile wrote: »
    Hooray for you! You must feel so wonderful now; more energetic, more flexible, able to wear cuter clothes. Congratulations. I have been to Essex - stayed in Chelmsford for 2 weeks with friends. And I live in Essex County, VA! Don't you love a coincidence?

Thank you for your lovely words. I'm about an hour away from chelmsford, but you're right - life has such strange coincidences. I genuinely can't believe it's me that is saying how i've done. Stay well Sharon
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    pdd1216 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I am working on losing half my weight as well (with a long way to go). It is so much slower in my late 50s. It is encouraging to hear your success!

Honestly, you can do it. It really takes an absolutely bloody determination that the fat WON'T win. Everyone has the odd blip, but having a solid, nutritious food regime, weighing and logging everything and enjoying every tiny victory keep us all going. Let me know if I can help with anything specific x
  • Sharon7986
    Options
    bgorman65 wrote: »
    Great job! I am 56 and have lost 208 lb (just under 15 stone) but not half my highest weight quite yet - and I will still be obese when I get there. SO GLAD to not be totally dependent on mail-order stores anymore!

That's amazing! I don't know you, but I'm proud of you. When there is so much to lose it can be overwhelming. Celebrate (without calories) every victory you chalk up. Take Care Sharon
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!