Herbalife for weight lost...anyone had results with it?

I've been hearing a lot about Herbalife lately. My sister just ordered the Quick Start Program over the weekend. A friend of mine uses & sells it and swears by it, and my sisters friend swears by it. I'm skeptical, because I've tried protein shakes & bars in the past and they did nothing for my appetite. Everyone says to eat oatmeal because it will fill you up...nope, not me! I'm hungry about 30 mins after I eat it. They say eat some almonds...does nothing for me except make me eat the whole bag! I drink lots of water because I'm told it will fill you up & drink it before your meals so you'll fill fuller...doesn't work for me! I've heard Herbalife shakes really do fill you up, and this is coming from people who said they've tried other protein shakes and they didn't fill them up. I've heard more positive than negative reviews, so I just want to make sure before I spend a lot of money on it that it's going to work. I would appreciate any feedback, but I would rather it come from people using it and not selling it. Thanks :)

Replies

• toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Do a search, there are tons of threads on it already.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Didn't work for me. Drink a shake and you're hungry again half an hour later. And it's ridiculously expensive. You're paying all this money for soy protein and other cheap stuff. Just eat food.
  • tifsimmons91
    tifsimmons91 Posts: 84 Member
    i did herbalife for a month and lost 15 lbs. for me the shakes were very filling and def. gave me enough energy for the day. we have a little shopin town that you can go to and order a shake and they have so many different and yummy flavors. i had a shake for breakfast and a shake for lunch and then ate normal meal for dinner. my onlu problem with it was i couldnt live off the shakes for a long time. the first month was fine but then i started to miss real food and i got off the program, but i know that if i continued with it, it was very effective. i hope herbalife works out great for you. i know it was working for me when i was doing it. im even thinking about strating it up again
  • jenhunter86
    jenhunter86 Posts: 3 Member
    It's so expensive, and the flavor/texture get really old quickly. Make your own smoothies at home, throw in some protein powder if you need it. Your wallet and taste buds will thank you!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    I used and sold Herbalife years ago. Anyone that sells the stuff is going to tell you it works because that is how they make money. TBH, it worked while I took it but once I stopped I gained everything back and then some. It was really expensive and I didn't feel right trying to make money off my family and friends (which was the only way I was going to get the products cheaper).

You can make your own shakes and smoothies at home, that are really tasty and have better texture to them. There's stuff you can add to bulk them up too and make them more filling.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    I used to drink visalus, which is very similar to herbalife. I did lose about 15lbs in three months while drinking it. BUT about 4 months after I stopped I gained all that weight back. I was still working out the same, just eating solid foods instead... It was really difficult for me to stick to the shake for breakfast and lunch, because it did not keep me very full. After the first two weeks it did get easier, but it was still difficult. I recently started drinking green smoothies for breakfast (not as a diet or anything, but just because I noticed I don't get many fruits and veggies in my diet) and I'm more honestly more full when I drink those compared to the replacement shake. I'm guessing because when you're eating a green smoothie filled with veggies you're getting tons of fiber.

These meal replacement shakes do not work long term, because they do not teach you how to properly eat. If you're really serious, and don't mind spending the money, I suggest Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig. They teach you how to eat healthy every day, even when you're at restaurants.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    I wouldn't waste your money.
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    i was on it for a month and hardly lost anything. they didn't fill me up, I was hungry right after..

oh and they are soy based..not the greatest.

and waaaay too expensive.
  • Bonella
    Bonella Posts: 77 Member
    I really like it, but it is very expensive. This is the only shake mix that has ever filled me up. I mix mine with unsweetened almond milk and a fruit, usually strawberries, blueberries, or a banana. I also only use it for breakfast or lunch, but not both meals.
  • shassyjenson
    shassyjenson Posts: 5 Member
    I've been hearing a lot about Herbalife lately. My sister just ordered the Quick Start Program over the weekend. A friend of mine uses & sells it and swears by it, and my sisters friend swears by it. I'm skeptical, because I've tried protein shakes & bars in the past and they did nothing for my appetite. Everyone says to eat oatmeal because it will fill you up...nope, not me! I'm hungry about 30 mins after I eat it. They say eat some almonds...does nothing for me except make me eat the whole bag! I drink lots of water because I'm told it will fill you up & drink it before your meals so you'll fill fuller...doesn't work for me! I've heard Herbalife shakes really do fill you up, and this is coming from people who said they've tried other protein shakes and they didn't fill them up. I've heard more positive than negative reviews, so I just want to make sure before I spend a lot of money on it that it's going to work. I would appreciate any feedback, but I would rather it come from people using it and not selling it. Thanks :)

Yeah it works because you are lowering calorie intake pretty drastically. I lost about 40 pounds in 4 months and kept it off for 2 years. But then got into bad habits and gained the weight back but it took another year and a half to gain it back. The shakes are filling for me and satisfy my for a couple hours. You can have one meal and a few snacks a day in between the shakes. Once you get used to it it's very doable. All in all it was the easiest way I've ever lost that much weight without exercise. I would show before and after pics if I could figure out how to post them.
  • shassyjenson
    Oh and I add a banana and some ice to my shakes. The banana adds something that keeps me satisfied longer.
  • shassyjenson
    Needless to say I just bought a bunch more shakes and am starting the program again but this time I'm going to exercise 3 days a week also.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Exercise is always a good idea. Do it for your health, but don’t exercise to create a deficit. That will backfire. Ask me how I know.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I only had one shake. I liked it. They said I was supposed to drink it instead of dinner. Huh-uh. I had dinner at the usual time.
    That’s all I know.
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    I haven't done Herbalife but I've done a couple of meal supplement diets before.
    Yes you lose weight because the calories are so low but they do nothing for satiety.
    Your opening post resonated with me and made me laugh because I'm exactly the same - all of the foods like almonds and porridge etc .. don't fill me up and I'm hungry 30 mins later.
    The only thing that has worked to contain my appetite is intermittent fasting with low ish carbs
    (Not Keto- that's just madness 🤣 )
    Maybe it's to do with blood sugar I don't know - but it's a brilliant way for me to cut calories and not feel hungry all the time which is what eating ' 'moderately' does to me.
    Anyway sorry to go off topic 😁
    I hope Herbalife works for you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    Do people realise OP asked this back in 2014??