Looking for Accountability

Options
I've been back and forth for quite sometime. At my heaviest I was actually 418lbs, went all in and got down to 265lbs. After an injury (and a crap ton of excuses) I'm back up to 314 now, and I don't want to go through all that again. I'm tired of feeling this way, and I want to get back to where I know I can if I'll just stay motivated and push myself. I would love to find some people going through some of the same things to be an encouragement and support to one another. I know I can do this, I just can't give up... I've got some achievement goals set for myself and not quite 2 months to hit my first.....it's now or never!

Replies

• LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'll add ya. I lost 100 and gained 40 back. I understand the "all in" because thats where I was. Now I'm like the turtle wins all races. It's not the Biggest Loser. Its a daily lifestyle change.. Let's do it!
  • DOZER0115
    DOZER0115 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lee! Yeah I had told myself I never wanted to do this again, and of course the clothes not fitting, the activity level dropping....all that fun stuff. I went ahead and signed up for the Spartan Sprint in Atlanta in October...gives me a little bit of a push goal to work towards.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Friend me. I’ve been to my lowest low and highest high in the past 10. Empathy galore. Glad you’re getting back at it! 🤗
  • allcaremed
    allcaremed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need food accountability. doing great in the gym at 63 and love it. No continuity on food. At 315 I ideally need to get to 250 but I'll start with getting under 300 as 1st victory

• luccianaff
    luccianaff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's amazing how much you have already lost! I have been on mfp for quite a lot of years. A couple years back I started adding people and it's so much easier to stay motivated and I love supporting other people too. I have fibromyalgia and some other health issues that off and on its hard if not impossible to workout and I will have to take time off. Then it's the same old start up again. So I can totally empathize on that. I've come to realize it doesn't matter how many times you start over, the important part is that you never stop or give up! Feel free to add me. ☺️