Cleaning???

Options
Two day a week I clean offices for 2-3 hours...as part of my job. Should I pit that in as excercise? Or no?? Sometimes I feel it the next day....so I think that counts for something, right? :)

Replies

• RMD2173
    Options
    I put my cleaning in...it's rigorous work!!!
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I knew a women who started to work for "Merry Maids" and lost 60ish pounds with out changing her diet! I'd say its exercise:)
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i put cleaning in if its more than 30 min worth x i also put on some songs to make me go a lil quicker x
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I do house cleaning one day a week, two houses-four hours of hard work. I don't usually count it because I put it in my "lifestyle" settings as active. But if I do eat a bit more on that day, I don't beat myself up over it.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I would say that it depends on whether or not you already factored it in your activity level. You don't want to count the same thing twice!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't count it. Just count it as a little bonus.

But that's just me. I don't count anything outside of my purposeful exercise. So even if I went for a walk with friends, I don't even count that. But once again, it's just my policy:)
  • misabetto
    Options
    i would definately put cleaning. I work at a weight loss clinic and we use a website www.healthstatus.com, under their calories burned calculators they have everything from mopping, to packing a suitcase, etc. EVERY little bit counts!!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options

But that's just me. I don't count anything outside of my purposeful exercise. So even if I went for a walk with friends, I don't even count that. But once again, it's just my policy:)

That's exactly what I do, too. :)
  • kiwipearls
    Options
    I count cleaning especially if I built up a sweat and got my heat pumping. If i am puffed and tired, I count it as exercise.

I count my vacuuming as that takes about 50 minutes to do my whole house and by the end of it I am just as sweaty as if I went for an uphill walk.
  • TheShelterCat
    Options

I agree. The only time I log exercise is if it's an actual workout. Burning cals while cleaning is just an added bonus to me.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering this myself. I have my lifestyle down as sedentary, which it actually is...but hauling laundry, and vacuuming, and some other chores FEEL like exercise. I've decided for myself to put a chore down if it's already in the database (like mowing the lawn, etc.). I
  • kelly_milner
    Options
    Oh yeah last night while doing laundry (call me a dork go ahead) go I took the laundry basket and used it as a prop/weight for dancing and made my own personal class.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I count things that are outside the "norm" for me.......if I'm doing intensive cleaning (lifting, climbing a stepstool, moving boxes and other heavy items) I count that. I also count extra when my grandson comes over - he's 4, and we run and jump and play hard. Gee, maybe he should come over every day!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CVALGAL
    CVALGAL Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would say that it depends on whether or not you already factored it in your activity level. You don't want to count the same thing twice!

I agree. It just depends on what you have as your activity level. If you put sedentary, then I would count it!
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I super duper clean every Friday, once I get started there's no stopping me. I crank up some tunes and try to make it more than just cleaning. I count about 1/2 of that. I don't count regular laundry and daily things. The way I look at it is if it's out of my normal activity then it's worth at least considering. I agree that it depends how you've set your lifestyle.

Maybe 1/2? Just food for thought :o)