Need support and motivation to keep going

Options
I need all the motivation I can get as I have none at home ands it's hard I've rejoined a previous gym and will be restarting there on Tuesday a there closed until than for repairs. I have around 70 plus pounds to lose.

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this.

But I have to say, motivation is a fickle beast.
    You can’t rely on it.

In order to have success with weight management, you have to do the thing. Even when you don’t want to. Even when it’s raining. Even when you had a stressful week.

I get it. BOY do I get it.

Friends you can talk to about the struggles are helpful. But don’t rely on motivation.
    Rely on your own stubbornness to get this weight off and keep it off.
  • marilyngrant18
    marilyngrant18 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Castillo2712, remember the reasons you set the weight loss goal in the first place. Is it for better mobility? To reduce or eliminate medication? For a better self image? All of the above? Whatever your reasons, let those reasons be your motivation to get the weight off ESPECIALLY on the days you feel like binge eating and/or not being active at all. Those days will come but you have to be able to push past them -- one at a time -- as best you can. And when you do look back on a less than stellar day just remember, it's not too late to get back on track.

I have lost 14 pounds since June and plan to lose another 35 pounds and then continue working to keep it off. My weight loss success so far is largely attributed to smarter/healthier food choices and portion control as I have physical issues which limits my activity. My hope is that being almost 50 pounds lighter will alleviate some of the physical discomforts I feel on a day-to-day basis at 63 years of age.

Best wishes to you with your weight loss journey!