Soda Free September - anybody with me?

Options

Replies

• Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great long weekend! I'm kind of shocked that I've gone SIX DAYS without soda! I've definitely had some headaches (probably from caffeine withdrawal) but I have noticed that I do feel a little bit better physically. Anyone else noticed a change yet?
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Man, this has been hard. I had Chinese on Sunday night and I always have soda with chinese. The carbonation washes away the salty taste so nicely. I whined a lot, but I had a glass of OJ and lots of water instead. :) I think I'm a serious addict because I want one every day. I think about how nice it would taste.

But I'm doing it so far! I can't give up!
  • NHLove88
    NHLove88 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Day 6, & I'm still soda free! How's everyone else doing??
  • sylvacharm
    Options
    I never drank diet soda but I was a fan of soda. A few years ago I gave it up when I found out that my dad was diabetic. I reduced the sugar intake in my life. I don't think there is anything wrong with having it from time to time but I think when cutting down going cold turkey is the best way.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    8 days in a row with a drop of soda! I never thought I would have been able to last this long with out any soda.

I use to want to drink soda, just became a habit many years ago. So far I haven't really had a bad craving for it.

Let's see how the next 22 days go!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I almost gave in and got a diet soda today.....but i grabbed a sove lifewater instead.....I MISS SODA....but...i know its not good for the insides, so i must stick with water....the upside is that i have been drinking like 2 64 glasses of water a day
  • Emdog24
    Options
    One week down!!!! Is anyone else amazed at how quickly you can become a "non-soda" person? I think my worst "craving" times are right after dinner, but I've held strong so far. Glad to see other people have been doing well too - keep it up peeps!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Made it another weekend! 12 days down! I think I've learned that for me soda isn't really an addiction, it's just extremely convienent and easy. It's every where!

Let's go another 28 days!
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    12 days down! My sister tried to con me into drinking a soda today. I told her I was doing a no-soda September and she said it wouldn't count if she bought it for me. :grumble: But I resisted and I survived. It feels like it's getting easier to say no.

Yesterday I got a Simply Orange juice while grocery shopping and MAN, that was a real treat after having nothing but water the last 12 days.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    12 days down! My sister tried to con me into drinking a soda today. I told her I was doing a no-soda September and she said it wouldn't count if she bought it for me. :grumble: But I resisted and I survived. It feels like it's getting easier to say no.

Yesterday I got a Simply Orange juice while grocery shopping and MAN, that was a real treat after having nothing but water the last 12 days.

So what you are saying is that your sister is a sabotager?? lol.....

i tried crystal light, but it is way too sweet for me. It actually like hurt my teeth it was that sweet
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    oh but i have at least been drinking 2 64oz huge glasses of water a day!
  • dc_smile2002
    dc_smile2002 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am in for the month of September!! I love Coke and Sprite so this will be tough one.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OK count me in! I get my morning sonic large diet coke for 99 cents and then finish the day out with water. I know aspartame is NOT good for me, but nothing tastes better than that first drink of diet coke in the morning. I don't drink coffee so my only other alternatives are water and unsweet tea. If I am giving up diet coke then I feel I must give up the packets of flavoring (ie crystal light) as they have artificial sweetener in them too. I gave it up for like 10 months but went back to it because I didn't see or feel any differently. Wishes I would have stuck it out. Just nice to have a variety to choose from I guess!!! Since I am starting mid month I will shoot for the end of October! IF I can do it a month what is another 2 weeks right????
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    okay - i confess - i have had several diet cokes - like three since sept 6th. but is almost the end of the month and i am willing to recommitt myself for the month of October to have three or less!:smooched: :drinker:
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ive been soda free for 4 years, life is much better
  • Emdog24
    Options
    Baby steps Travelgirl - cold turkey's not for everyone and any progress towards your goal is still improvement! Good luck!
    okay - i confess - i have had several diet cokes - like three since sept 6th. but is almost the end of the month and i am willing to recommitt myself for the month of October to have three or less!:smooched: :drinker:
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Officially 2 weeks! Not hard to pass up the soda, but the convience factor is off the chart. Trying get drinks that dont have any calories isnt as convenient! It's a bit harder when traveling. But, even though I'm away from home I have still managed pretty well. Still no soda.

Only another 16 days!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you guys! I haven't had pop for over 6 years. It is so great!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Been drinking more diet coke recently as I don't drink tea or coffee. I've been reading loads of bad stuff about fizzy pop as we call it lol. Am I still allowed to drink sugar free cordial though? Zara
    Half way through and I've not touched the soda \ fizzy pop. Cut out sugar free cordial too. Don't drink tea or coffee so just water. Was soooo boring at first, but getting used to it now! X
  • laurad1406
    Options
    For those of you struggling, stick with it! I quit soda Memorial Day weekend, and it was harder for me than quitting smoking! I CRAVED diet coke. But, after the initial 3 days of horrible headaches, i felt 100% better! I rarely ever get headaches anymore, and I find I actually crave WATER now haha. Plain old water.

I'm interested to see how those of you who will have a soda at the end of the month are going to think it tastes....I took a sip of diet coke 2 weeks after quitting and it made me feel sick!