Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Guess what I made for lunch today. ;)

i did not. :(

Just as well. It was good, but the reality didn't quite live up to the hype. :|

the peanut butter IS probably more filling....

i still want my fake cheese sandwich LOL

I did that with tomato soup yesterday. Kraft 2% FAKE CHEESE is like 45 calories a slice. Eat two on your sandwich and it's salty, fake, and perfect when grilled into a sandwich.

ooooooooooooooh maybe i could do grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner tomorrow....
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options

I did that with tomato soup yesterday. Kraft 2% FAKE CHEESE is like 45 calories a slice. Eat two on your sandwich and it's salty, fake, and perfect when grilled into a sandwich.

ooooooooooooooh maybe i could do grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner tomorrow....

DO IT. It's the perfect way to welcome it officially being fall.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options

DO IT. It's the perfect way to welcome it officially being fall.

i do it every now and then for dinner. quick and easy (my favorite kind of dinner) lol
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I have to quit visiting the same threads as @callsitlikeiseeit …I feel my forum relationship with cheese is becoming unhealthy 😂😆🤣🤪
    Just buy the single serve packs of Tillimook extra sharp. It’s harder to over do it that way.

i have plenty of REAL cheese. i want FAKE cheese. PLASTIC cheese. LMAO

When I want plastic cheese, this is the one I reach for. It takes me back to childhood Christmases, and all the Hickory Farms cheese and salami packages my mom would get from her students as presents.
    I don’t think she ever ate the things.
    But we were six very hungry kids…. 😇

9zjq6m14zu4k.jpeg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    I have to quit visiting the same threads as @callsitlikeiseeit …I feel my forum relationship with cheese is becoming unhealthy 😂😆🤣🤪
    Just buy the single serve packs of Tillimook extra sharp. It’s harder to over do it that way.

i have plenty of REAL cheese. i want FAKE cheese. PLASTIC cheese. LMAO

When I want plastic cheese, this is the one I reach for. It takes me back to childhood Christmases, and all the Hickory Farms cheese and salami packages my mom would get from her students as presents.
    I don’t think she ever ate the things.
    But we were six very hungry kids…. 😇

9zjq6m14zu4k.jpeg

i had that (only not port wine flavor, just regular cheese flavor lol) at my best friends house not too long ago on crackers. it was yummy lol
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options

no, 40 pounds in 12 months, it looks like LOL

i had to go look at her original post when you said that (its early, you know)

Good catch. Phew. I was actually concerned about OP.

Definitely one year, not one month! Thanks for your concern 😌.

Okay, I was away for the long weekend and now I’m catching up with the comments.
  • fstrickl
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Couple of thoughts.

But I was still overweight. And the things I had done to lose 65-70 lbs seemed to be useless getting lower. I finally had to reinvent my whole effort to get lower.

Make a plan. And make it a plan you will actually follow. Have you considered an official break from tracking? I don’t mean for the purpose of running amok. I mean for the purpose of finding out how you do without it for a predetermined period of time. You may find renewed appreciation.

Or can you pinpoint your objection to tracking. Is it the mechanics? Can you make it easier? I tracked with pen and paper. I found logging on the computer reminded me of work. I kept my food diary on the kitchen counter next to my food scale. After I learned the numbers for most of the stuff I eat my entries were just crude lists of what I ate with a number. If I put Subway lunch I knew it was a grilled chicken on wheat bread with light Mayo and baked chips. Don’t eat there anymore so I don’t recall the total but it was always the same.

Or are you pushing back against the calorie limit. You can take a break from that by calculating your current maintenance number and aiming for that for awhile. And where do you have your deficit set? 10 lbs to go you probably want to be at .5 lbs per week or maybe even less.

But the thing you likely don’t want to do is what you are currently doing which is breaking the process. Starting the day intending one thing but ending by doing something else is how life goes. But doing it every day undermines your process. Control the process and in the end you will control your weight.

Sometimes our process needs to be defended. If you can’t defend your plan as it now exists find a plan you can defend. Weight loss is just the byproduct of our plan. Keep trying. Weight loss is mostly about problem solving and persistence. Only way to fail is quit. Good luck.

This is really insightful, thank you. Your questions are good ones for me to evaluate.

I think my annoyance with tracking is I don't want to weigh every single thing that goes in my mouth. For example I usually eat berries with plain greek yogurt and ~tbsp of chocolate chips for breakfast. I know this meal sustains me adequality and I know it's got a good balance of proteins, carbs, and fats. So why do I have to log it? Likely because LATER in the day I may go over cals on snacks or supper so the math has to add up (lol, I never liked math!).

I don't think I could prelog, because while I do meal plan, I hate the idea of being bound to something. But I definitely agree that right now the final 10lbs will be lost at a slow rate. It's just been a plateau for some time. I am giving lots of thought to your comment about defending a process. I REALLY like the thought of it being a problem to solve instead of calories to track. Maybe if I approach the calorie tracking form the problem solving angle I'll be able to come up with a plan I can defend.

Thanks so much for your insight!

ps: 110% pushing back on my calorie limit - you're telling me I can ONLY eat 1400 cals, but there's SO MUCH GOOD FOOD out in the world. (ps: real cheese is better than fake cheese you weirdos :tongue: )
  • fstrickl
    Options
    I have had to reinvent my 'program' about a half dozen times in the year I've gone from 190/Obese to 132/BMI 22.

My plan RIGHT NOW is to do a week in a pretty steep deficit and then a week at maintenance. I'm not a precise logger, it makes me insane, and if I'm aiming for 500 or so calories off per day that gives me some wiggle room for my lack of precision, but also doesn't require me be able to sustain something that isn't sustainable (sharp deficit). Bonus practice at maintenance practice happening frequently.

Just experiment. NOthing you do here is forever. Anything that doesn't work is new data to help you find out what DOES.

Love the idea of just aiming for a deficit rather than precise logging. Unsustainable things are a recipe for failure, that's what I learned in my last year of this journey. I think now I need to transition since I am at a lower weight etc etc.

"Anything that doens't work is new data to help you find out what DOES" is JUST the kind of approach I need to this. While I'm no good at math, it's the data that really does help me. I will have to approach these next 10lbs from that. So logging and tracking is for data not for weight loss, weight loss is just a by product of what the data does. I love being a nerd.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    (ps: real cheese is better than fake cheese you weirdos :tongue: )

It is! which is why thats all i buy. BUT I STILL WANT MY FAKE PLASTIC CHEESE SANDWICH

and glory be to best friends who buy way more crap food than I do... what did she have in her fridge but fake plastic cheese!

I think we all know what will be in my diary later. :D