Time for my Success Story!!!

Options
I am just about to my goal...although I may revise it down another 5 pounds. I first started this journey Jan 1, 2011 at 160 pounds on my 5"4 body. My doctor told me it was time to start losing weight as my PCOS was out of control at that point. I was not healthy and I felt terrible. My cycles were all over the place. So I set a goal for 2011 to get back in shape after having my twin girls in 2009. I couldn't use them as an excuse any longer.

I started with 30 Day Shred in Jan and did it each and every day of Jan. I lost about 7 pounds but then fell off the wagon for several months. I kept that weight off but didn't lose any more until I really sat down to make the commitment. We were going on vacation for 8 days to the beach and Disneyland in September, so on June 1st I made the 90 commitment to lose 20lbs before the vacation.

I started with some light cardio and more of Jillian Michaels punishment. I finished another round of 30DS and then did a round of Ripped in 30 during August. I am training for my 1st 5K and can run 2.5 miles without stopping. I hope I can get that last half mile here soon.

Things got rough but I finally hit the goal and surpassed it. We enjoyed a nice vacation and I felt so confident in a bikini on the trip. I could push my girls around in their double stroller all around Disneyland and I didn't get tired one bit. I was able to maintain my weight on the trip which was always my downfall. I have since lost another pound and today I weighed in at 126.4. I think it is possible to lose another 5 lbs to give me a buffer.

I am so thankful to MFP for giving me the right formula for success. I love these boards and all my MFP friends. I plan to stick around and get the help I need while I maintain which has been hard for me in the past.

My progression picture is in my profile as I can't get on to photobucket right now.

Good luck to everyone who is still working hard for their goals.

Replies

• hkrosez
    Options
    W000ttt go you!!! Love this! Thanks for the inspiration. I seriously think I can myself down to 100 lbs if I wanted to, but I don't know if that is healthy for me or not. I'll have to check. Thanks for the help sista!
  • JoHanley
    Options
    Congratulations:happy:
    Your story inspired me to get back on the wagon and make some goals and stick to them...starting today. Thank you and all the best for the rest of your journey. Jo
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    Congratulations:happy:
    Your story inspired me to get back on the wagon and make some goals and stick to them...starting today. Thank you and all the best for the rest of your journey. Jo

Thanks Jo! You can do it. I read a bunch of these success stories back when I recommitted myself. They helped so much to keep me going!!!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Great job....what a nice victory for you and great inspiration for the rest of us.
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congrats!!! :happy:
  • babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    very proud of you girl! you are doing great! and thanks for sharing the mfp with me! i hope to meet my goal soon! i am positive you can maintain this time and you do look fab. you are a true inspiration!!!
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    very proud of you girl! you are doing great! and thanks for sharing the mfp with me! i hope to meet my goal soon! i am positive you can maintain this time and you do look fab. you are a true inspiration!!!

Thanks Deanna!!! You can do it to girl!!!
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You look amazing and anybody with twins knows that pushing twins in those double strollers is a HUGE workout-LOL Keep up the good work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!