Sweatshirt/Hoodie For Running?

Options
I started my C25K journey last week and today the weather in Monterey is a bit colder thank usually (about 55 degrees Fahrenheit). I have tons of PINK hoodies, but need something more appropriate for running (light, comfy/ moisture/resistant, ideally with a couple of small zip-up pockets for keys etc). Which brand would you guys recommend?

Thank you!

Olga

Replies

• twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of C9 from target. I was in there last night and they have some really cute ones right now. Too bad I can't justify buying more.
  • ronaldo4ka
    Options
    Thanks!!! I'll stop by at Target during lunch - it's just a few block from my work. Yay!
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like the Brooks Nightlife line. You can usually get them at a discount on runningwarehouse.com. They aren't cheap but they are warm, bright (for evening or early morning running) and are warm.
  • ronaldo4ka
    Options
    Thank you , too)
  • ssqvskhsjoxnsdbyfp
    ssqvskhsjoxnsdbyfp Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I really love the animal print hoodie, but I couldn't find a good product, with a quality seam and an acceptable look, until I found a wolf hoodie. A very high-quality hoodie with well-drawn contours of the animal itself on the print, the print system does not allow the print to deteriorate, because it is embedded in the jacket itself, and not on top of it. This gives a great advantage over other similar products. I advise you to take a closer look.
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Get a runners belt, in lieu of pockets. Worth it. My fav long sleeves are Columbia or Eddie Bauer. They last through the vigorous washings.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,683 Member
    Options
    Once you get past walk/run you may find that you rarely need a hoody until the temperature gets below 40. The usual rule of thumb is to add 20 degrees to the actual temperature and dress for that. So if it was 55, you dress for what you would wear walking at 75 degrees. For me, that's a t-shirt. Dress for the middle of your run, not for how you feel in the first 5 minutes.