Hi! I would love to connect with others struggling with binge eating

Options
Hi, I’m Nicole and new to the app. I have struggled with overeating/binge eating for over 20 years. I would love to connect with others so we can support each other through the tough times. I am determined to turn these bad habits around for good. Thank you!

Replies

• diddly
    diddly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I am new too and struggling to stop overeating and eating foods which don't help me achieve my goals
  • SaltyDave
    SaltyDave Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello, I can relate to your struggle. Just when I am doing well, I tend to fall back in to bad habits. feel free to add me.
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    gentle_sir_hulk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to that. I used food to self-medicate when I was happy or when I was sad. This is real, and processed food is also designed to addictive. It is work to get out of the cycle. It is possible though!
  • HabitRabbit
    HabitRabbit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a binge eater in remission (5 months +). My triggers are desserts and sweets, and of course emotional situations. I'm eating lowish carb (but not Keto), avoiding my triggers entirely, and journalling when I'm upset. I have been spotty about logging and signing into MFP but am going to try harder to log starting today. Feel free to friend me.
  • mmavrodieva88
    mmavrodieva88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi to all. I have this weight "problems" since I was teen. I have lost over 20 kg with diets, but I`m too exosted now - dieting. Always coming back to old bad habits ;(
  • coryhart4389
    coryhart4389 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm either losing or gaining...it's a struggle. Friend me if inclined.
  • BexB42
    BexB42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I binge eat a lot more than I ever thought. Have noticed it lately. An entire box of cereal, a whole bag of chips, and some of it is so mindless I get annoyed with myself. I just forget I am consuming calories I do not need, in foods that are usually not very nutritious.
  • DeeLewis1212
    DeeLewis1212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too struggle with binge/overeating. Although it has been falling in my caloric budget, I still want to get a better handle on it. Late nights are terrible for me!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    nwarner836 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m Nicole and new to the app. I have struggled with overeating/binge eating for over 20 years. I would love to connect with others so we can support each other through the tough times. I am determined to turn these bad habits around for good. Thank you!

Have you been diagnosed as BED or do you overeat?….there is a big difference….I struggle daily and have for years BUT in the past 2 years I have lost 110 lbs….the Binges are less frequent but it is a constant battle….I am open to a friend request….