Runkeeper users

Options
Any Runkeeper users having problems with the gps accuracy since the last update (about 2 weeks ago)? I use it on my iPhone 3gs and it seems ever since the update I've been having nothing but issues. I had one run where it ADDED about 2 miles to my 3.5 mile run, although most of the time the distance it gives me is LESS than what I've just ran... I've loved this app, but am getting sick of the issues lately.

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    oh i just update it yesterday! eek will report back if i have problems
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    oh i just update it yesterday! eek will report back if i have problems

Likewise. I hope not.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded it a couple of days ago and I haven't noticed anything wonky.
  • fidelinski
    Options
    Yea mine is not to accurate after that last update i have to go to the website and tweak it a bit.
  • msbahiyyih
    Options
    Yes I have been having the same issues as far as the inaccuracy of the GPS. Other than that the mileage and calories are right on.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    yea........... it seems to be an apple problem.......................

my wife runs it on heres and the gps drops out after a period of none use........... the re picks it up....... the system then takes your last know place and your new place and seems to think you got there at warp speed.

I think a new up date is on the way
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I use it on Andriod and got it about a week - 2 weeks ago and haven't had any problems with the GPS. It's been pretty accurate for me.
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's an apple problem. I ran a different GPS app last night and it worked fine. But I do like runkeeper better and would prefer to use it. If it worked correctly...
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I did two weekends ago. Sat run showed zero miles! Grrr... Then I ran eight and it said I went twelve.

Since then, it has been working just fine.

I have a droid phone.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I haven run outside since the update. I will tonight and report back....
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    havent updated or used it since saturday..hopefully its nice to me!
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    So my mileage seemed correct, but I have it set to call out distance and pace every half mile, and that totally crapped out. At the first half mile point, it stopped my iPod player, and then in the second mile it stopped calling out my progress....
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Mine has been pretty close lately, though grossly off previously. There's a trail where I often run that it takes off about .5 from the trail (it's marked every .5 miles and I've confirmed that distance with Google Maps and a Garmin Forerunner as well. I think it just depends on my signal. This last run it was only off by .11 miles in distance. :)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Since the new update, Runkeeper keeps crashing after 10-15 mins (once after two mins). I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled three times now (directly from the App Store to my iPhone, not through iTunes on my computer), and I'm still having the same issue. I've tried rebooting my iPhone immediately before using Runkeeper, and killing it each time I'm done with it, so that it starts afresh next time. Nothing is working though.

I'm using iPhone 3GS; since I work in the games/Apps industry, and understand memory leaks, I always kill any other Apps which may be running, plus switch off WiFi. Aeroplane mode is never on anyway. I do use a playlist from the iPod App, and usually when Runkeeper crashes, it kills the music too; however, this morning, the music carried on but Runkeeper had stopped. Again. This is now the fifth time in a row it's happened. Sometimes it cuts out right after it's announced my current pace etc. but other times, the announcements/cues get cut off mid-flow. When I get back from my run and look at the App, it's stuck there at the point it crashed, and tells me I still have X-amount of time left to run, despite having actually completed the run without the App!

I've also found that the cals burned are way out, even before the update, but I'm not bothered by that because I use my Polar for that anyway.

I've started a discussion on the Runkeeper website about the issues I'm having (there doesn't seem to be a customer support email address) - hopefully someone will see it and respond. I noticed there were a few GPS discussions there too, and I have to admit that RK's suggestion that trees might interfere with the GPS signal was a bit lame to say the least! :laugh:

Anyway, I hope they fix it soon - at the moment it's no earthly good to me. Anyone know any other iPhone App I can programme intervals into?
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Problems I hahve ahd with it is it not tracking while I run, I have it set at 4 min to give me time, speed and distance and pace, nothing worse than hearing the four minutes then- distance 0.02, I usually run a 8-8:20 pace so I know I am at or near a half mile, so I keep running to hear how awful my pace is because the distance is still stuck at 0.02...good thing Gmaps pedometer is out there to go back and track my distance!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yeah I have had problems getting a gps lock ever since the last update
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    After my last problem, I deleted and reinstalled the app. It works great now. I ran on Sunday on a really good trail with mile markers, and it was spot on. The music and call outs worked correctly again too. :)
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Since the new update, Runkeeper keeps crashing after 10-15 mins (once after two mins). I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled three times now (directly from the App Store to my iPhone, not through iTunes on my computer), and I'm still having the same issue. I've tried rebooting my iPhone immediately before using Runkeeper, and killing it each time I'm done with it, so that it starts afresh next time. Nothing is working though.

I'm using iPhone 3GS; since I work in the games/Apps industry, and understand memory leaks, I always kill any other Apps which may be running, plus switch off WiFi. Aeroplane mode is never on anyway. I do use a playlist from the iPod App, and usually when Runkeeper crashes, it kills the music too; however, this morning, the music carried on but Runkeeper had stopped. Again. This is now the fifth time in a row it's happened. Sometimes it cuts out right after it's announced my current pace etc. but other times, the announcements/cues get cut off mid-flow. When I get back from my run and look at the App, it's stuck there at the point it crashed, and tells me I still have X-amount of time left to run, despite having actually completed the run without the App!

I've also found that the cals burned are way out, even before the update, but I'm not bothered by that because I use my Polar for that anyway.

I've started a discussion on the Runkeeper website about the issues I'm having (there doesn't seem to be a customer support email address) - hopefully someone will see it and respond. I noticed there were a few GPS discussions there too, and I have to admit that RK's suggestion that trees might interfere with the GPS signal was a bit lame to say the least! :laugh:

Anyway, I hope they fix it soon - at the moment it's no earthly good to me. Anyone know any other iPhone App I can programme intervals into?

I've been busily trying different apps out to find one that I like. Just tried Endomondo and hated it. It was off by over 1/2 a mile on my last run! :sad:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I looked at Endomondo and you don't seem to be able to programme intervals, which isn't a whole lot of use to me! Might just have to plot a route on Google Maps and use that instead. :frown: