What to do about extra calories?

Options
Hey there,

I'm only in my third day of this, and I could use some advice. I ended up skipping lunch due to change in plans. Anyway that leaves me with 500 left over calories...

Suggestions on what to do or eat? Should I eat a snack later(how many calories because 500 is whole meal) or ....

Replies

• dannylives
    Options
    Try raisins
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    You can make up some of those calories in a snack today, and maybe add some more calories to each meal over the next two to three days to make up for it. A lot of people try to aim for a weekly amount rather than attempting to be perfect every day.

But try not to skip meals if you can help it... it throws your metabolism off-kilter.

Good luck!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever gets you to your goal....if you're too full to eat much, try eating something like nuts, which are calorie dense and contain healthy fats.
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    Do you have any nuts, high calorie and good for you. Maybe a piece of fruit, glass of milk...
  • Christinajoey2000
    Options
    i keep going under too (especially on excerise days)--i try to have a glass of skim milk and maybe some peanut butter or hummus--but not too late. better not to eat after 7 (at the latest). protein bars can be good too-- i like think thins.
  • Christinajoey2000
    Options
    good one. nuts!
  • acireme
    acireme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My opinion: If you're under your goal calories but over 1,200 cal for the day AND not hungry, don't worry about eating just to fill in a blank.
    If you're under your goal calories and under 1,200 cal, hungry or not, you should have a snack...great suggestions here with the healthy nuts. :) Fruit, dried fruit would be another calorie dense, nutrient dense option.

The problem with being under 1,200 cal (I think someone mentioned you go off-kilter which is so true) is you put your body into starvation mode and it clings on to all the calories you consume and becomes less efficient at burning them so you don't lose weight as well! Since I don't know what your goal calories are, I have to explain all this, probably what you already know. :P

Take what you will, and throw out the rest! Good luck!
  • Drowndjellyfish
    Options
    I do have a nut mix I made up that packs a whopping 240 or so per 1/4 cup. I think I'll see if I'm hungry later and maybe do nuts and a banana. I didn't mean to skip I know it's no good. Its such a life change to actively think about these things, I never ate breakfast and never at lunch and pigged out at dinner. And well guess what that doesn't work!

I started to eat breakfast this week and I LOVE its fun to make something in the morning. I never realized I would enjoy it. Now I just need to figure out this whole lunch thing and I will be set.

Off to search for lunch ideas!