Plateau for over 3 months

Options
I've been stuck on the last 3 kgs of my journey. Haven't had to loose a lot of weight in total but I'm loosing confidence to keep going.
I've used my Fitbit tracker last 3 weeks to see what my real burn is and funny it is abit more than I thought. I've opened my diary today to see if you could give me some constructive feedback. For last 2 weekends I had 2 binges as so pissed off with no progress. I'm happy just to lose .5 kg a week. But that's not happening. Thoughts please.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,166 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Your diary isn't open though?

PS your fitbit doesn't measure your calorie burn, it estimates. So it could be correct or incorrect, watching your weight trend would show if it is indeed correct.
  • lartishs
    lartishs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've gone to settings and opened it to public
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Dr Yoni Freedhoff has a book called “The Diet Fix” (make sure you check it’s the one by him) where he talks about how our bodies settle in at a point where our habits even out our weight, basically. He’s a physician who specializes in obesity management. It might be a helpful resource to read/ listen to, and consider if you you can be happy at this lifestyle that produces this weight for you, or if and how you want to change things to lose that last 3kg.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    If you've had binges, then it's NOT A PLATEAU. A plateau is 6 weeks or more of no weight movement IF and that's a big IF, you've been consistent for that 6 weeks. If you binged, ate off plan, didn't get enough rest, etc., then it's not a plateau. It's why plateau's are actually rare. You can STALL in weight loss, but that's because of going off plan. Be consistent and the weight will come off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png