Feel like i might be heading back to a bad place

Options
Im starting to feel like i might be heading back down a bad road ,,,, about 6 years ago after the birth of my son and a lifestime of being super obese i decided to lose weight it was litterally the first ttime in my life i had lost and not gained i was only 18 ,,,, it became an obession and i went from 99kg to 56kg (218 lbs- 123lbs) in 9 months i was being super unhealthy and now looking back would say i possibly had a eating disorder ,,,, i would only eat 500-800 cal a day and would excercise 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night on a staitionary bike and then also do crunches and go for a 30 minute walk every day i felt super sick and tired and out of it and have basically no memory of that year other than vague images i would also feel panicked if i didnt meet my calorie goals ,,, and even at my lowest weiight of 56kg i did not see myself as skinny or at my goal weight

so of course i eventually put iit all back on plus allot more and im here to lose it again in a more healthy way but im starting to feel the obession creep back in i keep wanting to lower my calories or skip meals i keep thinking of doing massive amounts of excercise and i get dissapointed when i dont see a big enough loss

has anybody else been down a similar road how did you stop yourself from going back to bad habits?

Replies

• superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been there as well. I've struggled with eating habits )too much and too little) most of my life. A huge part of what keeps me sane is my daughter. I want her to be healthy. Not just skinny but healthy, which means I need to set an example of eating the right things and exercising for her, not being crazy low in calories or stuffing my face.

Hang in there. It's ok to feel like that, you just have to help yourself stay focused and do things the right way.
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I think a lot of people get to a point where weight loss almost becomes obsession. Before, I lost about forty pounds from starvation and working all the time to not think about food. But then... I gained it all back like it was nothing. You have to remind yourself that doing this the healthy way will keep you from being in the same position over and over again. You might feel a bit of anxiety by doing this, but you have to give yourself limits... maybe even make a schedule for yourself with exercising and with food. Give yourself x amount of time to exercise and plan out your food for the next day and make sure that it's all healthy and done reasonably. Once you get over that feeling of anxiety and wanting faster results, then you'll realize how much better you feel from eating and exercising right. It'll be worth it in the end.
  • Pristess
    Pristess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Every time you start to over eat some junk food or skip a healthy meal, ask yourself, what would I want my son to do? You are the one who is teaching him how to eat.
  • woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your resonses i deff have to think of the kids , i actually have 3 now now 2 boys and a girl i think having a girl has really drummed home to me that i need to show healthy i mean the boys matter every bit as much but ive heard that the biggest role model to a child is always the same gender parent and i really dont want my daughter going through the same things as me and of coursei dont want my sons to either,,, but im quite lucky they are naturally healthy they love fruit and vegatables and love sports and excercise and so is there father ,,, time to start re thinking i think and picking some more realistic goals for myself thanks again for the support it means allot and will help me get to where i need to be :)
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I'm on that same road right now, actually. I spent the last 6 years having an eating disorder (well, 11 if you want to count the over-eating years). I got pregnant, ate like a cow and here I am trying to lose the same 110lb I lost, plus another 30lb from pregnancy.
    I'm determined to do it right no matter what my mind is screaming at me. "This isnt fast enough, you ate too much at dinner, you can put on as much makeup as you like you're still going to be a fatslob" and so on. I know what you're going through and it is very difficult but it's not really a choice, anymore is it? We have kids... and you have to do it for them.