Traveling to New Orleans

Options
Hey there! I am traveling to New Orleans for 7 days on business and DEF wanting to stick to my diet. I know New Orleans is famous (or infamous) for having great food but it all sounds unhealthy to me (sausage, benays, fried everything etc) any suggestions besides eating salads for 7 days straight??? Thanks.

Replies

• ROBO693
    ROBO693 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am traveling to New Orleans for 7 days on business and DEF wanting to stick to my diet. I know New Orleans is famous (or infamous) for having great food but it all sounds unhealthy to me (sausage, benays, fried everything etc) any suggestions besides eating salads for 7 days straight??? Thanks.
  • doodlebug
    doodlebug Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There are tons of fresh fish options if you are a fish person. There are also a million places to see, and walking to see the sites burns calories.....Have fun!!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I frequently visit new orleans (i'll be there this weekend actually) and it's very hard to eat healthy there.
    I would just make sure you walk around a lot, and try to make good choices. The fish there is so fresh and most restaurants will grill it or poach it and leave out butters and oils.

But I would allow myself a few meals where I just forget about calories...the food is SO good.
    When you can, make healthy fresh choices, because they are there- but while you're there you might as well delve into some really good cajun cookin....it's totally worth it!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Venusjems
    Venusjems Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Boiled Crawfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    Boiled shrimp and broiled fish. I agree with one of the posters. Enjoy some of NO fine food. You'll probably have to walk alot. Go to the gym at the hotel or walk up the stairs. Have a good time. I just came back from Mardi Gras. What a crazy place and I only live an hour a way.

Pam
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Walk, walk, walk...you do so much of it that it really helps! Have fun and man, if you just stay away from all the drinking people usually do down there you'll be fine. You'll get to EAT some yummy stuff rather than drink up all your calories and then some! Have fun!
  • ROBO693
    ROBO693 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes that is what i assumed i should do. But i think i'd rather not induldge in the food so that i CAN indulde in the drinking a few nights. But NO hurricans! Those things are pure sugar! Thanks for the advice.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Yes that is what i assumed i should do. But i think i'd rather not induldge in the food so that i CAN indulde in the drinking a few nights. But NO hurricans! Those things are pure sugar! Thanks for the advice.

...and no hand grenades. they're lethal.
    mind erasing drink that tastes just like sweet tarts:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My mouth is seriously watering thinkin' about some food in Nawlins.