Hola, como estas?

Options
Hey everyone, I'm a new member (as of this morning when a co-worker showed me the IPhone App she got and I found it on the Android Market) and much like everyone else here, I'm looking to lose some weight. I'm only 21 years old, so hopefully it won't be too hard with a little focused effort.

I'm currently at 223 lbs. and about 6' 0" tall. My BMI is at 30.2, so I'm .3 away from getting under the "obese body type" line which will feel pretty good. I was up to as much as 246 lbs. at the end of 2010, so I'm down 23 pounds right now, but when I played basketball in high school I was 180 and capable of much more physically than I am now. A personal trainer at my gym did a few tests and told me that at this point my lean body weight (muscle, organs and skeleton) is 180, though, so I probably won't get that low again.

Long story short, I'm hoping I can drop the other 23 pounds and get down to 200 by January 1st. After that, I'll re-evaluate and see if I need to/want to lose any more. I doubt I'll be one of those six-pack abs guys any time soon, but if I can get back to looking somewhat decent and feeling a little healthier, I'll be happy.

Thanks for your support, and thanks to everyone else here who has had a success story to share for giving me some extra motivation!

Replies

• firefightinflip
    Options
    Welcome fellow brownie!! Good luck, this site rocks! Feel free to join the brown side by adding me as a friend!!
  • mpcass
    Options
    Muy Bien, gracias. That is all the Spanish I got. Welcome to the site it is a great place for motivation. You can add me as a friend if you want, I was a former high school athlete and I got lazy and went up to 240 lbs, but at only 5'7" it was a little much. I'm down to 194 lbs now with a little bit to go yet.
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    Estoy muy bien, gracias por preguntar. ¿Y usted, cómo está? Welcome to MFP! I believe that you will accomplish all your goals here in this website. The people are great, kind and so inspirational. I wish you the best of luck and have fun! Best wishes.
  • griselda81
    griselda81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hola! Bienvenido! :) I'm kinda new to the sight and so far i'm loving it! Feel free to add me :)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The only full sentence (besides basic "Hello, my name is...") I can say in Spanish is "How many weeks pregnant are you?"

That doesn't come in handy very often anymore, but it was killer when I worked in an OB clinic. Anyway, welcome! :)
  • esqueletica23
    esqueletica23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have been using my fitness pal for some months on and off now but as of now, I really want to do it on a daily basis and hope to see some results soon. It is a reality check once you start to measure everything that goes into your mouth and you see calories add up!
    Anyhow, I would love to see if anyone has good tasty and easy recipes.
  • JamesRaven19
    Options
    For the record, I don't speak much Spanish... I just didn't have a better title for this thread, lol. I know a bit because of my girlfriend and her family, but for the most part I'm a Caucasian Canadian through and through. I appreciate all the warm welcomes, though!

I'm looking at the sliders in peoples signatures and seeing 24 pounds lost, 30 pounds lost, etc. and then I look at mine and see 0 pounds lost. I'm already motivated to build on that and see some of the results you guys are seeing.

Again, thank you everyone, looking forward to this.
  • CamiXiomara
    Options
    For the record, I don't speak much Spanish... I just didn't have a better title for this thread, lol. I know a bit because of my girlfriend and her family, but for the most part I'm a Caucasian Canadian through and through. I appreciate all the warm welcomes, though!

I'm looking at the sliders in peoples signatures and seeing 24 pounds lost, 30 pounds lost, etc. and then I look at mine and see 0 pounds lost. I'm already motivated to build on that and see some of the results you guys are seeing.

Again, thank you everyone, looking forward to this.

Well, my friend, we all have to start on zero one time or the other. Don't worry about it. Just take it slow, steady and you'll win the race. Be committed and dedicated in your weight loss journey. You'll get there eventually and soon, you'll be telling newcomers that they can do it too! Enjoy your day! Best of luck!
  • Ladymomo9
    Ladymomo9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You're funny!! Welcome, you have come to the right place. But that is only if you are looking for inspiration and common goals! We all have our issues (especially me! lol) But we are all in this together. Welcome...please add me as a friend and I am here for you if you need anything! Good luck on your journey!

Monica