Need to build more shoulder muscle

Options
Need to build Shoulder muscle any tips

Replies

• DoctorMOHSEN
    DoctorMOHSEN Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Training them twice a week and focusing on lateral delts a bit more than front delts made a difference with me.
  • kittynails247
    kittynails247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will separate my body parts and change the different days if you get what I mean 🤦🏾‍♀️
  • Robdsherlock
    Robdsherlock Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you use free weights or machine exercises out of interest? Kinda on same position as you op
  • gentle_sir_hulk
    gentle_sir_hulk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If its particularly shoulders, isolation is important. Do shoulder presses either kneeling (in lunge position) or sitting to avoid putting in 'Body English' as Arnold Schwarzenegger used to call it. I think dumbbells are better because they allow for a a more natural range of motion than machines or even barbells, and you can train each side. My left is weaker than my right, and with DB it isolates naturally. As noted by @DoctorMOHSEN , delts are very important in support. Particularly if you dont use machines, the supporting muscles are important. If you do machines instead of DB, the one advantage is you can isolate the muscles much more but it does not build the same amount of strength. Depends on what you are looking for.
  • I2k4
    I2k4 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've put on decent delts with DBs and resistance bands this year, but there's also a lot of potential for joint trouble. There's a fiesta of available bodyweight and loaded movements, rep and set programming available depending on equipment and facilities, and whether the goal is strength or hypertrophy - my only advice is to do some light mobility work or "priming" to warm up before pumping out reps and sets.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    High volume training and especially with laterals, focusing on muscling up the weight and not using leverage to lift.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Military press/shoulder press, lateral raises and rear delt raises have worked pretty well for me.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Really simple. Perform a variety of pressing movements with sufficient volume at appropriate intensities in a wide varietyof rep ranges that you can recover from within a well-written program. Sprinkle in some patience.

You don't have to perform isolation lifts or separate muscle groups though you can. I use more efficient ways for my clients but it really doesn't matter as long as you adhere.

Personally, I literally do less than 1% of my training with isolation lifts and my shoulders are built rather large especially for someone who is completely natural and of advanced age.

xwjpa48iaf02.png
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    From your profile pic your clearly have a decent amount of muscle mass.

For the rounder fuller look I’d personally concentrate on posterior and medial heads, the anterior delt usually gets enough stimulation from benching