looking for some good christian support !!

Options
I've just finished reading " The Power of a Praying Wife" and it really opened up my eyes about how god views us in our marraige and one of the things she said was that us wifes have to stay attractive for our husbands and that started a snowball effect of thinking. gluttony is a sin. from that sin we gain weight and become sluggish and tired and low self esteem and just all these negative things that are not of god !!! so I am looking for some people that are on the same page as me that want to do this not only for our physical health but spiritual as well !!!!

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I believe!
  • packerfan1
    packerfan1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!:smile:
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I agree! Please feel free to friend me!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have the book, but I am single...LOL! Also have Praying God's Will for Your Life. And a few others. I believe in prayer. Add me if you would like.
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just finished that book! I really liked it.

Welcome to MFP! :bigsmile: You will enjoy it here!
  • kellierae2009
    Options
    I am so thankful that there are people that are out there who know and are living the truth !! I will be adding all of you !!!! love ...
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. My personal health and wellness mind set is "Eat what God created(fruits, veggies, whole grains, meats, etc not fake foodlike substances), Respect the creations you are eating(so eat sustainably and environmentally resposible), Gluttony is a sin, so don't eat too much, Sloth is also a sin, so get up and move every day. Overall, take care of the body God has blessed you with and remind yourself every time you think negative thoughts that you were "wonderfully made" and deserve to take care of your health and well being.
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that. We need to keep our "temple" up to par. Not just for our husbands or ourselves but for the Lord. He gave us a special gift when He sent the Holy Spirit and we need to treat our bodies with respect so we can house that Spirit. I feel that if we cant take care of ourselves then how are we going to take care of others? I tell myself that everyday I wake up. I am a Christian minister in training so feel free to add me! We can support each other!
  • mpcass
    Options
    I am on my way to a class at my church where we are learning how God wants us to be healthy in all the asspects of our lives, including the physical. I have lost almost 50 pounds since we stated meeting. I would love to help you attain all that God has in store for you. A friend request is on the way.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome book. I actually plan on reading it again. Another book that I totally recommend for this new lifestyle journey is "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst. It is a most amazing book on your struggles with food being a spiritual issue and how aligning your life with God's will for even a little thing like food will help your spiritual walk!!!

Friend me for support......bible believing born again Christian here!!!!
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    Options
    A friend recently loaned me her copy and I'll be reading it soon (another reading to finish 1st)!

Feel free to add me!
  • kellierae2009
    Options
    just added everybody !!
  • cookc04
    Options
    Hi,
    Christian lass from Australia here.

It's a fine balance between looking after and respecting the body God's given us and making food, exercise and body our religion. So it's good to have christian support in this.

Cookie
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have the book, but I am single...LOL! Also have Praying God's Will for Your Life. And a few others. I believe in prayer. Add me if you would like.

ME TOO!!! I love Stormie Omartian...and yes, feel free to add me! =D
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I ask God to bless me with the strength I need for this journey every day and thank him for getting me this far!
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread, as well as offer a preview of some changes we’ll be making soon at MyFitnessPal. These changes are being made with the express purpose of allowing more leeway in terms of what users can freely post on the site.

The forum guidelines include this item:

13) Topics about politics, religion, atheism, or sexuality are not allowed and will be deleted. This includes posting images or signatures. Unfortunately, we have seen that topics about either of these subjects are highly likely to result in heated arguments and disputes. If you really wish to discuss either of these topics, please google political forums, religious forums, etc. - there are plenty of other places to express your views.

In the past, with only a small crew of volunteer moderators to help keep the dialogue on the site positive and supportive, we have reluctantly had to create a rule which disallows any posts about these potentially divisive topics. We would greatly prefer to allow all of these topics to be discussed on the site, but so far, we haven’t had the resources to moderate such topics in a manageable fashion.  Often the tone of the original thread is harmless, but as the threads proceed, members participating in such topics have been subject to insults or attacks, feelings have gotten hurt, and in more instances than we would like, a moderator wasn’t able to step in quickly enough to prevent this from happening.

To help the situation and with the purpose of really letting conversation on the site blossom, we are doing two things: training more moderators, and creating a new “Groups” feature.

With Groups, Members will be able to form their own groups and invite other members to join.  Each group would have it’s own forum, and group forums would have much more leeway in the range of topics discussed.  So, for example, you’ll absolutely be able to create a faith-based, or politically leaning support group and discuss the exact range of topics you’d like to discuss.  Groups will be able to host a much more diverse and mature range of conversations, and because groups will be able to moderate themselves, we hope they’ll be much better at protecting some of our more targeted populations from unwanted hassle. We plan to heavily promote the existence of groups to all of our members, fostering strong participation and hopefully giving you exactly the community experience you are looking for on our site.

In the meantime, we appreciate your understanding. We’re committed to making MyFitnessPal a place where all members can communicate openly in a supportive, and positive environment that helps them to achieve their weight-loss and fitness goals.

With respect,
    Steven
    MFP Staff
This discussion has been closed.