Anyone using an iPad or Android Tablet for MFP?

Options
brucedelaney
brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
Topic is self explanatory...

I want to know if the MFP app works well on either one of them.

Do you find the extra screen space to help a lot?

And Yes I know you can just browse to the website but I want to know about the app since I don't always have wifi available to me and have no plan to get a 3g data plan.

Replies

• tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have an iPad and use the app all the time. Honestly, I love the App. I also use the App on my Droid phone. Both are great!!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I love using it on my Nook (hacked to be a pretty much full android tablet). Especially now that they've added the "social" part to the app and it's not just a calorie tracker. Awesome!
  • rayzer1
    rayzer1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The app itself is ok...except it's made for the iPhone so you have 2X the view so it's not very sharp.
    The app works well otherwise and I have had no problems with it on the iPad.
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I frequently use the app instead of the website on my iPad. I like the nutrition chart that comes with the app and find the nutrition report on the website pretty much useless.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Android app works well. You can do everything other than post to and read the message boards. Logging of calories and seeing the news feed work well.
  • JenniferVegas
    JenniferVegas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    As someone said, all you're doing is viewing at 2X so you get a bit of pixelization. Also it doesn't switch to landscape mode so you can only view it long ways.

Edit: I use it on the iPad.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I don't get the pixelization on android tablet, and it does switch to landscape. The latest update was just released in the last couple days. Maybe another Apple update is forthcoming?
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    App on phone when mobile or barcoding food (iPad doesn't have a self focusing camera)
    iPad browser whenever connected.

I don't use the iPhone app on the iPad.

Some of the fields take some getting use to as they don't behave as other sites do.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    App on phone when mobile or barcoding food (iPad doesn't have a self focusing camera)
    iPad browser whenever connected.

I don't use the iPhone app on the iPad.

Some of the fields take some getting use to as they don't behave as other sites do.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I use MFP in Safari on my iPad. I like the iPhone app, but it's a bit limited, and safari is easier to navigate on an iPad, so...
  • Drowndjellyfish
    Options
    I use MFP in Safari on my iPad. I like the iPhone app, but it's a bit limited, and safari is easier to navigate on an iPad, so...

This!