Which exercise can lose body fat faster.

Options
Hey,

Looking for home workout exercise courses that can help me to reduce my body fat.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. Focus on fork put-downs and table push-aways.

It's about the food for fat loss.

If I ate the way I wanted to there wouldn't be enough hours in the day to exercise that away. :lol:
  • JamesyPaylor
    JamesyPaylor Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you taking part in a parkrun? I'm finding doing my local parkrun every Saturday is helping me, really enjoying trying to beat my personal best each time, burns tonnes of calories and the community is great! Just this last weekend, I burnt 1,600 calories by doing the Parkrun followed by a day out walking with my partner, was exhausted by the end of the day but thoroughly enjoyed it, that's what is most important, make sure you enjoy it, no matter what you do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,645 Member
    Options
    With the caveat that you shouldn't use exercise to increase your calorie deficit beyond a reasonable weight loss rate (0.5-1% of current weight weekly, preferably the lower end of that):

The best calorie burn comes from any activity you enjoy, so actively want to do and will make time for . . . and I do mean "activity", not necessarily a formal, official exercise. Any form of increased movement is an aid to fitness and health (which is a better reason for exercise than calorie burn as such).

That activity you enjoy and actually do regularly will burn more calories in real life than a theoretically higher calorie burning exercise that you hate, so delay and put off and avoid whenever possible.

Voluntarily making yourself do unpleasant things in order to lose weight . . . isn't usually going to be a good strategy for reaching a healthy weight, then staying there permanently. Find happy habits where eating and activity balance out to accomplish whatever your weight-management goals are at the time, whether healthy gain, sensibly moderate loss or maintenance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    KomalShah1 wrote: »
    Hey,

Looking for home workout exercise courses that can help me to reduce my body fat.

You don't burn bodyfat with exercise...you burn a handful more calories than you otherwise would not exercising. In reality, for most people, the number of calories burned during exercise is relatively insignificant to the number of calories they burn merely existing and then going about their day to day. Many people exercise regularly for their overall health and fitness and other benefits...if exercise defaulted to burning bodyfat, they would just wither away and die eventually.

You burn bodyfat when your consume fewer calories than you expend. You expend calories 24/7. For most people, merely existing burns more calories than anything else...for the average female, that's going to be in the neighborhood of 1300-1400 calories...average male is going to be in the neighborhood of 1700-1800 calories just being alive and nothing else.

Regular exercise has numerous health benefits, and I would suggest doing it for that purpose rather than doing a bunch of hand wringing about which will burn the most calories. Additional energy expenditure is just a nice biproduct of regular exercise, but in reality is less than people typically think and is fairly minimal unless you're training like a competitive athlete and literally training the day away for a living.

Find something active that you enjoy and engage in it on a regular basis.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can not outrun a bad diet.

thats... all I have to say about that.
  • ashishjaincs
    ashishjaincs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to fitness pal. I have been using this for a little over 3 weeks and continuously eating in a calorie deficit. I am also regularly working out for over 4 months but I still don't see much change in my body shape or on the weight scale. One day, I see a couple of lbs drop on the weight scale but the next day, it's back to the same number. The same goes for body fat. I am 164 Cms and weighs about 152 lbs. I am trying to reach about 145.
    Anything that I could possibly be doing wrong or it is just me being impatient?

Any suggestion?

Thanks, much!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to fitness pal. I have been using this for a little over 3 weeks and continuously eating in a calorie deficit. I am also regularly working out for over 4 months but I still don't see much change in my body shape or on the weight scale. One day, I see a couple of lbs drop on the weight scale but the next day, it's back to the same number. The same goes for body fat. I am 164 Cms and weighs about 152 lbs. I am trying to reach about 145.
    Anything that I could possibly be doing wrong or it is just me being impatient?

Any suggestion?

Thanks, much!!

I would suggest starting your own topic so you can get some specific feedback.
    Include in your post what you are doing for workouts exactly and how long.
    And include how much you are eating daily.
    And how much deficit you are trying to take.