Any recommendations for weights plates brands?

I need to expand my collection of 2" weights and the brand I have is a bit expensive.

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,325 Member
    Which country are you in? What are you using them for? (Ie do you need metal powerlifting plates, rubber weightlifting ones, fractionals or the big ‘uns?)
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,489 Member
    US. I have rubber ones now. Don't need bumpers. I'd be looking for maybe 2-4 plates in the 35-45 range and maybe 2-4 10's too.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    If you are buying Olympic weight plates, they are sold usually by the lb or kilo. So I wouldn't expect to find a "cheap" brand per sae.

The only obvious expensive plates sold in the stores/online is if you are buying calibrated plates.

Bumper plates can be somewhat too, but unless you are planning on doing actual Oly lifts, I wouldn't suggest bumper plates regardless for many reasons.

Even used Olympic plates are not much difference in price from the new. You might find some yard sale or second hand store bargains, but because of the pandemic those are extremely rare.

If you do find use ones, they are really easy to refurbish to clean working sets with a tad of elbow grease.

Goodluck.