17 Day Diet: Last 10-20 pounds gone? OR doing TF too?

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I am starting the diet on Monday. I have 10-20 more pounds to lose to FINALLY get to my goal weight (up a bit in weight than what my ticker says). Did anyone have success with this and getting that last weight off or breaking a plateau?

Also, something I am worried about is doing Turbo Fire while doing the diet. Will I get enough nutrition?

Thanks!

Replies

• Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What diet is this ?
  • downwithcarbs
    downwithcarbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What diet is this ?

It's a relatively new dieting trend that has emerged in the market (pretty popular as well).
    It's actually a book you can purchase find out more here:

http://www.the17daydiet.com/

Amy - I've just started the diet myself so i don't know from personal experience if the diet will have produce positive results for you. However I have friends who have participated in the diet, plateaued, and remained constant, so I'm not too sure how effective it would be for you if you're trying to break your plateau. Sorry i couldn't be of more help to you.

Good Luck! and Congrats on almost reaching your goal!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Thanks!

Anyone else want to add to that, maybe with some results? :smile:
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I used the diet to START my weight loss (and restarted it today, to break a plateau). I would reccomend logging your calories as well; since you're supposed to eat a lot of protein the exercise shouldn't hurt as long as you're eating enough food. Today I swam laps for 45 minutes on the diet... how long does a Turbo Fire workout last??
    The book says you should still exercise 17 minutes, once or twice a day, so I would just keep logging your food on here to make sure everything balances out :) Good luck!!
    Oh, by the way I only did cycle 1 (for 21 days) and Cycle 2 for a few days, and lost about 12 lbs :)
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I used the diet to START my weight loss (and restarted it today, to break a plateau). I would reccomend logging your calories as well; since you're supposed to eat a lot of protein the exercise shouldn't hurt as long as you're eating enough food. Today I swam laps for 45 minutes on the diet... how long does a Turbo Fire workout last??
    The book says you should still exercise 17 minutes, once or twice a day, so I would just keep logging your food on here to make sure everything balances out :) Good luck!!
    Oh, by the way I only did cycle 1 (for 21 days) and Cycle 2 for a few days, and lost about 12 lbs :)
    Awesome!!! The TF workouts last different amounts of time, but the longest is 60 minutes. The shortest is a HIIT of 15 minutes.
  • AdrienneB33
    AdrienneB33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried the diet a few months ago and had to get off the diet after about 7 days. I didn't lose any weight and had a LOT of stomach troubles as a result of the diet. HOWEVER, the reason I tried the diet is a friend of mine who was doing it and she had lost about 20lbs between Cycle 1 and 2.

I didn't really work out that much when on the diet because my calories were so low and I'd start to feel a bit light headed....I found the diet to be a bit too restrictive for me at times as well during the first cycle, but I'm used to Weight Watchers which is far less restrictive.
  • AdrienneB33
    AdrienneB33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried the diet a few months ago and had to get off the diet after about 7 days. I didn't lose any weight and had a LOT of stomach troubles as a result of the diet. HOWEVER, the reason I tried the diet is a friend of mine who was doing it and she had lost about 20lbs between Cycle 1 and 2.

I didn't really work out that much when on the diet because my calories were so low and I'd start to feel a bit light headed....I found the diet to be a bit too restrictive for me at times as well during the first cycle, but I'm used to Weight Watchers which is far less restrictive.
  • Amy_B
    Options

Thanks for the info! I was worried about that. I think if i start to feel that way, I will add in healthy carbs. We'll see how it goes!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    bump
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have read about the diet and have seen other people on it and what they ate. From my understanding of Turbo Fire (I know most of the Beachbody workouts well). You are not going to be eating enough calories. Your going to have to add to the diet if you want to be able to complete a TF workout. Why don't you follow the meal plan they give you with the program, I would recommend that over the 17 day diet.

Diana