I Wonder How long she will stay thin this time...

Options
2»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    For the record, it has taken her a long time to lose all that. I know everyone thinks she lost it all on DWTS, but that's not true. I am hopeful that because she counted calories and exercised, that she's got it figured out this time.
    I thought jenny craig had helped her figure out...once...Didn't she lose 75 pounds last round and gained back all plus 25?

I do like her but I don't know her enough to judge if she has figured it all out for good. :)
    Jenny Craig doesn't teach you how to eat right to maintain your loss. I'm not surprised that didn't help her. Hopefully, she made enough money off of that deal to compensate for the yo-yo effect.

I've always liked her. I really do hope she has it figured out this time.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I admit, I love her but I think she fudges a lot on her size/weight.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought this was a rant about people saying that about you (or me, or anyone of us). It IS still a real concern that people (in particular, my mom) say that about me, but I'm ready to make them eat their words.

As for Kirstie, hopefully she has learned some things along the way and I for one, hope she can keep it off for good. I can imagine that when you stop looking at the scale and you continue to get bigger, it gets very discouraging to where you think you will always be big and can never lose the weight. I know that I have beent here. I think that success can be contagious, and hopefully her success will fuel her to keep making good choices. Of course, now whenever she is see in public eating something "bad", I'm sure the critics will "weigh" in on how she's back to eating like crap and gonna gain it all back.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I think she looks like Lindsey Lohan now lol Not a compliment for either one of them :laugh:
    Indeed...
  • fadeddreamz58
    fadeddreamz58 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think she looks great!
    I hope she did it the right way.
    I have my fingers crossed she can keep it off.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 206 & I wore a size 16...granted I am an inch shorter but would it make that much of a difference? & I think she looked bigger than 228 in a couple of those pictures.....

I just want to add- Good luck to her keeping it off. She looks much better.
  • burtonsundman
    Options
    Hmm. My husband sent me the link to show me the story about her and the link too me to MFP instead. Yeah!

I haven't used this message board before but it looks like fun and hopefully it will keep me going.

I started 5/30/11 at 191.
    Now 9/14/11 I'm at 166. I'm pleased!!
    Final goal 145. Looks like I'm more than 1/2 way there.

Here's working at it.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!! SHe is my hero! :0) She looks AMAZING TO BE IN HER 60'S! hOW IN THE Hell do you get skanky Lindsey Lohan from Kristie Alley? I havent seen white powder caked to her noise or Crazy drunkin stupid rants or plain out *kitten*??
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I only wish Kirstie Alley well. Supposedly she has conquered her depression.
    What I find really interesting about her is that the first time she lost weight she had been shocked to learn that she didn't weigh 155, she weighed well over 200 pounds.

How could someone be that far off?
  • bjenny12345
    bjenny12345 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!! SHe is my hero! :0) She looks AMAZING TO BE IN HER 60'S! hOW IN THE Hell do you get skanky Lindsey Lohan from Kristie Alley? I havent seen white powder caked to her noise or Crazy drunkin stupid rants or plain out *kitten*??

I said she looks like her, geesh, FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I only wish Kirstie Alley well. Supposedly she has conquered her depression.
    What I find really interesting about her is that the first time she lost weight she had been shocked to learn that she didn't weigh 155, she weighed well over 200 pounds.

How could someone be that far off?
    Yeah...this is pretty crazy. I remember watching a TV show a while ago. They put a hidden scale on the road and randomly ask the peds about their weight. 90% of the people dont know how much they weigh or guess much lighter...
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I just can't believe she's 60. Good lord.

That was what I took away from it, too!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries their weight differently. And remember, the camera adds 10 pounds. :tongue:

Kudos to her for doing it! I hope she did it slow and steady with clean eating and exercise instead of starving herself. I can't imagine trying to lose weight under the scrutiny of the public eye.

The one time I weighed more than 228 was when I was pregnant with twins. But I got awfully close this spring at 225 lbs. And I was a size 20. But I'm about 5' 5". Maybe being taller is why she can get away with a 14. Or maybe paying Beverly Hills prices is how she can get away with a size 14. :tongue:
  • boomboom011
    Options
    I just can't believe she's 60. Good lord.

i know! thats what i was thinking. Well that and she looks great. Im rooting for her. She is beautiful