trying to get started again

Options
Hello, I did Keto for a year. Lost 25 lbs. Got sick for a month with a respiratory infection (not covid). Slowly getting over it. However, I ate everything in site. Gained 10 lbs! I need to lose thirty or forty more lbs, but do not care to go back on Keto. Has anyone gone back to calorie counting after Keto?

Replies

• nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Most here use calorie counting, rather than an eating 'plan' that restricts one food group or another. I like bread too much for Keto. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my guess would be that most people who at least start keto leave it for one reason or another (though this could be said of most 'diet plans', I imagine- perhaps with the exception of diabetics who require a low carb diet for obvious reasons)

In any case, anecdotally speaking, those who I have known in person who did keto, all stopped doing it and eventually went to counting calories, and those who did it correctly, were successful in losing weight (some have reached their goal weight and others are still working towards it).
  • russellholtslander1
    Options
    If you don't like Keto, don't do it. Listen to what you said. You won't stick to it.. find a diet which has food you like eating.. healthy food anyways.. :D If you like fruits and veggies, lean meats, or fowl, or fish, or legumes, with lots of oatmeal, and salads.. you simply need to try eating a plan which has those.. and determine a calorie amount you can stick to with consistency.. one which makes you healthy, and gets you headed to a healthy weight.

It doesn't really matter what it's called, if it works, and you enjoy it.

Good Luck figuring that out. You know what you will do long term.