Wide Leg problems

Options
So, here's my sob story for tonight.
I bought these rainboots - wide leg, because never in my life have I been able to pull a pair of boots past my ankles.
I got them in the mail today. I managed to get my foot and most of my leg all the way inside, and right above the heel is where it stopped - where my leg became too big and the boot just wouldn't come up any further.

I know I'm not the only person with this problem - but how do I fix it? Is there any way to trim inches off my legs?

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce.
    but you could try toning the area...
    walking may help.
    Can't think of anything else off the top of my head
    to tone the calves/ankle areas.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Honestly, even when I was thin and at the lower end of a healthy weight, I still had thick, muscular calves.

It could be genetic. I know my mom has thick calves too. We have cute, skinny ankles, but our calves are too big for skinny boots or skinny leg pants. I do have some wide boots that I fit into. They zip up, and I have to zip very carefully, but it works.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    i have the same problem!!
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    buying boots with side zippers can sometimes help you find a pair that will work. Also something I have seen a lot of in the fall previews of department stores is boots that have like knitted sweater material from the ankle up so it is like leg warmers on boots - they look cute.
    My sister is in great shape and thin, but she has a hard time finding boots because her legs are real muscular... sometimes there just isn't a fix for genetics.
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have this problem now and aslo had it when I was much smaller years ago too. I have always had to buy boots from places like lane bryant or somewhere that sold them with the extentions in them. Its a pain and they are much more expensive.