Weighing yourself... are you guilty? :)

Options
I admit it.

I weigh myself every single day.

Oh I KNOW what so many of you are going to say to me. "You shouldn't weigh yourself every day. There are factors beyond your control that fluctuate. You should only weigh yourself once a week at most."

Yes, yes, I've heard you all before.

But regardless, I weigh myself every morning, first thing after using the bathroom, buck naked. :laugh: Hey, a gal's gotta do whatever she can, right?

And, when the scale says even a tenth of a lb less than it did, I totally come and change it here. If it goes up.... well that certainly must be water weight... or muscle... or something. Right? :wink: No need to log that here!

So, fess up kids.

How many of you weigh yourself EVERY DAY, and if you go up a smidge, don't chart it here? :devil:

Replies

• ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    I admit it.

I weigh myself every single day.

Oh I KNOW what so many of you are going to say to me. "You shouldn't weigh yourself every day. There are factors beyond your control that fluctuate. You should only weigh yourself once a week at most."

Yes, yes, I've heard you all before.

But regardless, I weigh myself every morning, first thing after using the bathroom, buck naked. :laugh: Hey, a gal's gotta do whatever she can, right?

And, when the scale says even a tenth of a lb less than it did, I totally come and change it here. If it goes up.... well that certainly must be water weight... or muscle... or something. Right? :wink: No need to log that here!

So, fess up kids.

How many of you weigh yourself EVERY DAY, and if you go up a smidge, don't chart it here? :devil:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I weigh every single day. Every morning, without fail. I used to hold myself accountable for every up & every down, but for the last 10 pounds or so, I only mark it if it is a downward swing & I TRY to only mark it once a week.

I am an addict. :embarassed:
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but I don't stress over it (much). I only update my info on here on my official weigh in day though
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Monday morning after my workout, Tuesday night after my workout, and then Wednesday morning after my workout and take whichever weight is the lowest. Although, if it does go up, I'll change it on here. My husband laughs at me.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Every morning (unless I sleep in). I only log here once a week though. It amazes me how much ones weight fluctuates throughout the week.

I fluctuate between 4 pounds lost and one pound lost every day! Crazy! So far (last three months) I have never gone UP in poundage, at all... so that's cool.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Guilty! :blushing: I find it holds me accountable.
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. My rational is that I need to make adjustments if it goes up....I dont kill myself over it, but it holds me accountable.
  • ajasiak
    ajasiak Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i used to weigh in everyday then i looked at the scale i dropped 8 lbs next day i was back up 6 lbs so depressing. i have been working out 5 days a week for a month now and it seems like i cant lose my weight im so upset. i work out bout an hour a day. and nothing.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Everyday!
    But I only log it in on my "official day weigh in day". But I do make corrections throughout the week if I see a major change...
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I weigh every day before and after my workouts.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You guys are OCD! :laugh:

There's no way that I could do it everyday! I'd go insane....what if it went up??? What if it never changes?? Etc.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    i have cut down to once every 2 days :laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You guys are OCD! :laugh:

There's no way that I could do it everyday! I'd go insane....what if it went up??? What if it never changes?? Etc.

:laugh: I weigh myself once a month! i'm afraid of that dang thing!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Guilty!!

I weigh myself every morning after potty and with no clothes on. I sometimes even weigh during the day just for the heck of it. I only log it here on Monday morning, either way, up or down in weight. So far since I've been back at it since Jan I have only had 1 small gain. I guess that is good, especially considering I don't really exercise and on the weekend we ALWAYS go out to eat. I have learned to order healthy though so I am very proud of that. I have become a salad freak, light ranch on the side and I just barely dip it. In fact, we went to IHOP the other night and I ordered a salad and forgot to tell them to put the dressing on the side. They brought it out covered in light ranch, I sent it back, I just couldn't eat it with all that dressing on it. It wasn't so long ago that I couldn't eat a salad if it DIDN'T have tons of full calorie ranch, so I would say that is progress. Hmmmm????

Memaw
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I only try to do it once a week.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily!! I know it isn't really good but it keeps me motivated, if I'm up, I actualy eat really well that day. If it is down, I feel acomplished. I only change my weight on here Wednesday morning, after I potty and before I shower.

I know it is a little crazy, but glad to know I'm not the only one.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm currently back to every day but I only log my weight officially on Mondays.

Once I get to the point where I'm not losing big every week, I'll probably stop and go back to 2-3x a week. But right now it's too rewarding to do it every day, so I do.
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    I weigh myself every time i go to the gym before i start my workout and sometimes right after i work out. Thinking or more like hoping that i lose a little bit. but nope.. anywhoo, i don't own a scale (yet) but i read that the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning.. and i definitely feel a lot thinner in the morning before all the food and water... i guess just another way to make myself feel better... soooo.. off to Target i go!! :laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time i go to the gym before i start my workout and sometimes right after i work out. Thinking or more like hoping that i lose a little bit. but nope.. anywhoo, i don't own a scale (yet) but i read that the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning.. and i definitely feel a lot thinner in the morning before all the food and water... i guess just another way to make myself feel better... soooo.. off to Target i go!! :laugh:

omg your pup is sooo cute....looks like he/she is laughing! :laugh:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day. I could tell you how much I weigh under almost any life circumstance :embarassed: