Hi 👋

Options
Hi I started my journey yesterday, so early days. I have Fibromyalgia, does anyone else have this? is so how do you exercise? Thanks 😊

Replies

• LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Lucindamwatson Congrats on taking the first step on your journey to a better life. I, too, have fibromyalgia. When it comes to exercise, slow and easy is the way to start. If you are a complete couch potato then start with walking 10 minutes. Build up from there. A lot depends on your fitness level, how much weight you are carrying, etc.

For instance:
    I am 63. I am 100+ pounds overweight. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, and cardio issues. After getting the okay from my cardiologist I began walking 10 minutes a day (I am up to 30 minutes now). I also do an exercise program that starts with all seated exercises and over the course of weeks you work up to standing exercises. I am at the second level now which has some of both. I feel MUCH better than 35 days ago when I started. I WANT to do more now, but will not force the pace because then I hurt.

Hope that is helpful to you. And remember: Motivation, will-power, and desire will fade. GOOD HABITS last. Good habits will get you through the times you don't wanna track your food, get off the couch and move, make good food choices. And lose the "diet" mentality. Diet is what you eat-forever. You are not ON a diet, what you eat IS your diet.

Okay, done preaching atcha!