Ladies with big chests...my bra ate me!!

Options
MrsFarrow
MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
I'm a 36F. I've always had issues finding bras that fit nicely, and then when I do I have to buy 6846515 of them because WHO KNOWS when I'll find others that fit great. Anyway, my FAVORITE bra has started to eat me :( I always always always wear under wire, can't wear one without.

My favorite bra has began, just in the last two days, to rub me raw underneath my girls. To the point where my husband thought I had gotten cut by someone or some thing (I had...my bra!!) I'm itchy, but I'm thinking it's just because that area is irritated. Has this ever happened to anyone? What can I do to alleviate the issue? Sounds ghetto, but if we aren't out, I typically don't wear a bra, just a tank with a shelf bra thing. Antibiotic ointment maybe? It's so itchy >.-

Replies

• NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You can get yeast infections under the breasts, if it's red and itchy you may want to see a doc and buy some yeast infection cream and start using that under the boobs, also keep the area dry (non-sweaty - dry well in that area after showers) and wash your hands a lot if you're itching so it doesn't spread.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you might need a smaller bra (not necessarily cup but the number part); like the weight of the girls is pushing the underwire in because it's not snug enough?
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and buy chafing cream. It works wonders.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it looser and moving around on you,
    Baby powder should help
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    oh, and baby powder. sometimes if i'm in very moist conditions for extended periods of time (i.e. camping in rainy season) this happens in my belly button. a little infected red area. baby powder and keeping it dry happens... that actually might be more the case than the band being too big. but check that, too.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Check out Title 9 Sports. They have lots of great sports bras.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    after a shower, use witch hazel(natural astringent without the pain of alcohol) and then rub vasaline on it....by the morning you should feel better.....i get reashes under my boobs a lot, epsecially in the heat.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try some powder underneath to keep it dry...OR it could be you've become allergic to the detergent you're using and it's irritating the skin...If you're getting damp from sweating, that can cause it...
    I had a rash under there once and itched like crazy...I was having some allergic reaction and the sweating didn't help it either....
  • McPenguin
    Options
    I agree with the comment about the yeast infection...

but if it's not a yeast infection - it can still be a fungal infection of another kind. It happened to me when I was pregnant (and sweating a lot) and to my mom this summer. Yes, you can eventually bleed from the chafing/rubbing of the bra, but the infection probably started it. The doctor told her to use a cortisone (cortaid, corto-steroid) cream, the pharmacist found her a good one to use. It cleared up in a day.
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    I am no F, but I used to be a DD (now a D). I've had this happen to me and it hurrrrtttsss. Plus, be careful, because you can develop a boil if it gets too irritated (TMI, I know). I have used neosporin if it is rubbed to the point of it being actually raw and switched to sports bras to let the skin heal. It sounds like either the wire is starting to warp into a weird shape and rubbing under your boob or you are wearing them for too long. IF you absolutely HAVE to wear these bras, put a barrier in between the wire and your skin such as a thin handkerchief or sometimes bandaids (but not too long as this can irritate you too). The pains of being big boobied!
  • lmhubbard
    lmhubbard Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try Gold Bond . . . same idea as baby powder, but the medication in it will actually help not just prevent, but heal the chafing that you already have. :smile:
  • LolaVaantz
    LolaVaantz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds really odd, but the girls can develop a yeast infection on the skin due to the damp nature of life under there (with or without your bra). Things to look at when you decide what to stick on it: is it similar to a "jock itch" smell/burn/flake, or does it have skin break down (red, raw and puffy). You may want to see a doc in the case of either of those...
    I've got some DDD's to deal with and found that Cacique brand Balconette are the only bras I can do comfortably for long term but after a long day with lots of movement, I've noticed discomfort and just for ease due to friction I will use tea tree oil to help with healing and let the poor girls breath (hard to do actually).
    Bottom line, let the schweddy girls free, treat any skin break down and watch for extra odd things that could mean you've developed a full infection or yeast.
  • Jelleebean
    Options
    the baby powder idea is a good one, but, a pharmacist once told me use something with a cornstarch base rather than a talc base, because talc could actually make the area worse, and corn starch actually absorbs better.
    the best one i've found, is actually found in most 'adult' stores... kama sutra makes a powder, that is AMAZING for absorbing... you can actually put some on a glass of water, dip a match in, and the match will still light. it's called Honey Dust... and, i know a few people that have actually used it for their baby's diaper rash.
    just a thought.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This totally made me laugh, because I got eaten by mine yesterday (it's now at the bottom of the trash bin). Campho-Phenique relives the itching and I have noticed in the past that it seems to speed up healing of similar injuries.
  • LusciousDiva82
    Options
    I used to have the same problem whenever I would wear underwire bras, so I just started buying the ones without the wire or taking them out myself. I also have the itching problem under the boobs from time to time, so I just apply A&D Ointment or Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel daily to that area, and that helps me out alot. HTH!! :)
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have red itchiness under by breasts (44I), I have hubby put baby powder under there at bedtime every night until it is cleared up. It's usually caused by excess moisture. Hope that helps!
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I had this problem until 2004 - when I had 6 pounds removed. i vowed to nerver ever ever wear an underwire again. I wear only sports bras. Now I have cute little boobies... they are the only thing I can describe as cute and little on my body!!

I found, if I wasn't too irritated, powders before work outs and get good and dry after. I found a powder called "Anti monkey butt" it works great!

good luck
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen-it's NOT fun! :( I still keep a tube of Desitin on hand-calms redness and dries the area if that's a problem.
    It sounds like you need to be fitted for a new bra. See if they can find you one that supports w/o wires-harder when you're bigger, I know, but there are amazing bras out there now.
  • BigBeauti23
    BigBeauti23 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain ... As far as finding a proper fitting bra its kinda of a get lucky type of thing with me. I'm a 46I and it sux trying to find comfortable proper fitting bras.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies! I've been professionally fit, but I think I may need to tighten the band a little. I am going to look into the yeast infection option, my mom used to get them a lot. Thankfully, knock on wood, I've been able to avoid them thus far, but we'll see! We'll use some neosporin on them tonight and see what happens in the morning! Then off to the docs. Thanks so much!

I swear, I LOVE my chest, because they are oddly perky, but good god are they a hassle!!