Cheap MFP Compatible Fitness Tracker

springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
edited September 2021 in Getting Started
I’d like to get Mr Spring an ultra cheap fitness tracker to tide him over to the Apple Watch 7 comes out.

Anybody had any luck with the very cheap trackers sold on Amazon, or know a good venue for buying a used Fitbit?

Right now he’s hand entering his workouts in MFP, and imho MFP’s calculations are way, way off. Like 450 for an hour of tai chi, and 900 for an hour of chair exercise/indoor track walking. I want him to get a more realistic idea of his calorie burns.

Replies

• GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2021
    I got my Fitbit from eBay awhile ago. Price was a 1/3 of a brand new one. It works great!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,085 Member
    There used to be a bunch of options as most of them would sync with Google Fit and Google Fit would sync to Myfitnesspal. However, that sync between Myfitnesspal and Google Fit, not to mention the sync between the various activity bands and Google Fit, is currently broken.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I *think* you're local to me? I have a Fitbit Ionic - I upgraded myself to a newer Fitbit last fall. I can plug it in, see if it still works and if so: drop it off somewhere for you or mail it. *It has not been charged or used in almost a year. It was fine when I last used it, but has been in a drawer since November approximately.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,100 Member
    How cheap is ultra cheap? Garmin syncs well with MFP, a Vivofit might be interesting.
    The vivofit 3 is an older model so probably cheaper than the newer vivofit 4.
    Price seems reasonable: https://www.ebay.com/p/20027055041?thm=3000
    That's just the first link I found.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,409 Member
    I *think* you're local to me? I have a Fitbit Ionic - I upgraded myself to a newer Fitbit last fall. I can plug it in, see if it still works and if so: drop it off somewhere for you or mail it. *It has not been charged or used in almost a year. It was fine when I last used it, but has been in a drawer since November approximately.

If you don’t mind, that would be awesome if you’d see if it still charges up.

Be happy to take you to lunch. Gotta get over the flu first. (On the plus side, it’s not covid!)

Will send you a friend request.