Fish...

Options
I had tilapia for the first time tonight. Really liked it. I do not care for salmon but not sure why not because I like salmon patties. Anyway, just wondered if anyone has suggestions on other good fish choices to try and maybe best way to prepare it since I am used to fried fish or loaded in butter. (And I did not like Red Snapper...maybe prepared wrong???)

Replies

• tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I loved it fried...how bad is me lol-- But im learning to like Broiled pretty good. i like flounder broiled seasoned with salt, pepper, and a healthy bit of Old Bay Spice too. I also like fresh dill cooked on mine. Good Luck- Fish is the best meat to eat.
  • mistbrown
    mistbrown Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Halibut on the grill tasted like steak to me. If you like to grill, you can cook it on a soaked plank for a diferent taste. I also like to encrust fish in almonds or pecans and bake it.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    We like talapia all kinds of ways! One of our favorites is to season it with McCormick's steak seasoning, put a slice of swiss cheese on top, and then a slice of tomato. Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes, at 350 degrees. Yummy!
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Never tried Old Bay Spice. Need to invest in that! I do have lemon pepper which I use even on my fried fish that I need to stop eating...LOL. I also use it on chicken.

I guess it won't hurt to just keep trying all different types. I love tuna (canned but not fresh tuna salad... can't figure that out either)
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love eating Orange Roughy too...Bake with some Lemon juice sprinkled on with some pepper...YUM!! Tilapia is really good too!!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Bump...I would also like to see some suggestions on how to prepare differrent kinds of fish.
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ahi Tuna on a grill pan is fantastic w/ wasabi on the side. Best cooked Med. rare. Love swordfish...not sure if it is politically incorrect these days. My favorite way to fix Salmon...Put a piece of foil on your baking pan, rinse salmon and pat dry. Put on foil. Rub a little olive oil on top, squeeze w/ lemon juice, drizzle w/ honey, sprinkle w/ s&p. Sometimes I put fresh lemon slices on top w/ dill, but just plain under the broiler gives it a nice carmalized taste. Make sure to not over cook. It should still be under done when pulled out. It will cook more while sitting for a few more minutes before cutting.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like wasabi!!!!!!!!!!!! I definately have to look into that one!
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat tilapia alot 4-5 times a week. Right now I'm eating Pure Catch brand, Island BBQ, from Sam's. I got this kind because the marinated tilapia I had been buying wasn't available. Now this is 260 calories--I believe, it's something like that- and the other marinated tilapia that is about the same size is 170 calories.

For me and my lifestyle this is a great meal. it's very handy. I microwave for the time it says, and then it's ready. It's great when I'm starving to death. It feels me up really good, tastes great--really...even after eating it so often, it tastes great. It also satisfies me and I'm not hungry in a little while.

When I began my diet change I would eat a filet and a can of pork and beans--yes, I know what you're thinking--what a risk taker!! :D Seriously, I would eat that and love it. Now I've got my diet control in place alot of the time and I don't eat the beans--
  • jwil1231
    jwil1231 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I would love to know how to grill blackened catfish. I had some years ago and it was wonderful!! Anyone know how to grill and blacken catfish?