Really needs some encouragement

Options
So im pretty new to this site and have been loving it so far but the last week has been really stressful because my dad was in the ICU and my daughter is having health problems and the doctors cant figure out whats wrong. Lately I have been really enjoying eating healthy and my daily exercise because its the one thing that I can do for myself right now that I have control over. Today I am emotionally drained and just cant seem to get the motivation to do my exercise for tonight since all I want to do is curl up in a ball. What exercises do all of you like to do when your stressed or ways that you motivate yourself. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Kascranton
    Options
    Yoga, and do your work out no matter what. It releases hormones that make you feel good, they will help I promise!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Treadmill or Elliptical while listening to upbeat music...
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    I would do something like yoga or go for a nice walk alone. Something for "you" time and to help you relieve stress. Good luck with everything and I hope things turn around for you and your family!
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    the other suggestions (yoga, walking, using the treadmill/machine) are great examples. It's not easy esp considering what else is going on in your life. I felt the same way the other after having a fight with my folks. I can totally relate to just wanting to curl up and forget it all. But you can power through. You can get through tough days like these and you can get through anything.

if you typically walk for 30 mins, just do 20. if you go running for an hour, take it down to 30 or 15 mins. Every little bit helps and you might even find that while you're at it, it'll make you feel better and empowered to go back and deal with everything else. You can do it! I believe in you! you can do anything!
  • ljmozo49
    ljmozo49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Turn on some great dance music and move your body...that's all you have to do. I am hungry and not in the best of moods tonight so I am going to bed....yet another thing to do when nothing else works! Good luck:grumble:
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When Im stressed I love to go to a boxing or kickboxing class. It always makes me feel better to hit something really hard, gets rid of a bit of pent up anger too.
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    Thanks, I really appreciate the support and all the great ideas.
  • ramcnall
    ramcnall Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love to swim! It is just me and the pool. All the laps calm my mind and let me put things in place. I feel great when I beat my time or add a few laps. Whatever you do find something you can do on auto pilot. Walking, running, swimming, dancing...etc... you will feel better after you go. I agree with others that say cut down your time or your activity but doing something will make you feel better than nothing! Also realize you are not a super human! With everything you are going through your emotions are valid. Do not think you are weak, or less than a person! Give yourself a pat on the back for all you are doing!! You are doing great things and have been there for everyon else! You are a great person and are loved! You are doing great things in your life. Adding a diet an exercise program on top of everything you are doing is not for the meek! I have faith in you! :flowerforyou:
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    I love to swim! It is just me and the pool. All the laps calm my mind and let me put things in place. I feel great when I beat my time or add a few laps. Whatever you do find something you can do on auto pilot. Walking, running, swimming, dancing...etc... you will feel better after you go. I agree with others that say cut down your time or your activity but doing something will make you feel better than nothing! Also realize you are not a super human! With everything you are going through your emotions are valid. Do not think you are weak, or less than a person! Give yourself a pat on the back for all you are doing!! You are doing great things and have been there for everyon else! You are a great person and are loved! You are doing great things in your life. Adding a diet an exercise program on top of everything you are doing is not for the meek! I have faith in you! :flowerforyou:

:) Thanks, thats sweet. I still have yet to get up and do my exercise but now I feel like I might be able to actually accomplish it rather than just put on the dvd and stare at it.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Long Quiet walk along always helps me once I get past the walk I usually feel like doing more, I understand the overwhelmed feeling, I raise a child with Cerebral Palsy that also has Seizures, when he is down it is very overwhelming! Good luck on finding your motivation!