What nutrients do you track?

Options
I'm just curious. I track calories, fat, fiber, carbs, and sugar. I'm almost always over on fiber and sugar. I just don't know if there's a method to choosing what to track or if it's just preference?

Replies

• PBJunkie
    Options
    Sugar is technically a simple carb...

I mainly track my macros, but since I have a set meal plan I basically made sure I have the correct ration of macro- and micronutrients.

Do you take a multi?
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I track protein, fat, fiber, sodium and carbs.

I gave up on tracking sugar because A) it usually isn't logged right and B) you're supposed ot eat less than 40 grams of processed sugar per day, and this tracks fructose and lactose, so I just end up going WAY over every day.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    calories, carbs, fat, protein, fiber and potassium
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Calories, Carbs, Protein, Fiber, Sodium.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I think it's just a preference. Everyone is concerned about the amount of different nutrients. I track carbs, fat, protein, sugar, and sodium. And, of course, calories :P
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm still new to this so I'm just tracking the basics for now - calories, fat, carbs and protein.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wish the tracking feature of this website was a little more robust than it is. Its not bad, but I find it lacking. The mobile version is a little better. I wish they would incorporate some of those features into the main site.
  • holmesd450
    holmesd450 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I track typical macros carbs, fiber, protein, fat, But I make my meals for the week on sunday, so I already know what I am getting.
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Calories
    Fat
    Protien
    Carbs
    Fiber
    Sugar
    Sodium

The main thing I really focus on is NOT eating processed foods, it seems to take care of itself then. In my opinion processed foods "FDA Approved" is what has our nation so sick but that is a different conversation all together.
  • curvykent
    curvykent Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wish the tracking feature of this website was a little more robust than it is. Its not bad, but I find it lacking. The mobile version is a little better. I wish they would incorporate some of those features into the main site.

Yes, I love the mobile "summary" however I'm still trying to figure out how to stay within all of the goals. How do you do it? Maybe I need to be patient.