tall girls/big frame

Options

Replies

• RiverRatChick
    RiverRatChick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many tall girls! I love it... I figured I better chime in on this one!

How tall are you? 5'11"

What is your weight? 145

What is your build? medium, i think...

How much do you workout? 6 days a week

How much do you eat average daily? I'm right at 1400 a day...

I'm doing P90X and aiming for 140. Mostly I'm looking to tone up from this workout and lose 5 lbs or so.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Wow! So many tall girls! I love it... I figured I better chime in on this one!

How tall are you? 5'11"

What is your weight? 145

What is your build? medium, i think...

How much do you workout? 6 days a week

How much do you eat average daily? I'm right at 1400 a day...

I'm doing P90X and aiming for 140. Mostly I'm looking to tone up from this workout and lose 5 lbs or so.

Am I prying to ask what size you are? I am 6 feet and 156 lbs. My goal weight is 145. I am currently a size 6-8 and 38D.

Woot for all the tall girls at MFP! With so many over 5' 10", it's surprising more stores aren't selling talls... :huh:
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5' 9"

What is your weight? 162

What is your build? Medium-curvy (loose size 10)

How much do you workout?
    Mon- Soccer
    Tue-volleyball
    Wed-softball
    Thur-rest or ski at night
    Fri-rest
    Sat - snowboard
    Sun-ski or rest
    That'll all change soon (winter's over) to add more soccer and biking. :o)
    On average, I work out or am active 3-4 days a week. I haven't lifted weights in over a year and some day I'll add that back in.

How much do you eat average daily? 1200-1600 a day. Certain days I can eat way more (ski days), but that's not average to me.

I like the way I feel and look at this time, so I'm not worried about losing weight. I realize I can probably stand to lose 5-7 more pounds to be my "happy weight", which I just looked up a few days ago, but I'm not too concerned.

Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see other "talls" goals.

Still can't believe a few are going for such low weights...but based on frame size it does show you can go that low...good luck and be healthy!!
  • mizzymiz
    mizzymiz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    holla tall ladies. :wink:

How tall are you? 6'0"

What is your weight? 167

What is your build? somewhere between medium & large

How much do you workout? 3-4 days a week - mostly running and ab work

How much do you eat average daily? between 1300-1600
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'8"

What is your weight? 245

What is your build? large...yeah...let's go with that

How much do you workout? at least 3 times (or so I HOPE)

How much do you eat average daily? 1400/day without exercise, with exercise probably closer to 1800/2000. DAMN...that's a lot compared to most so I may try to cut back. I need to make wiser choices while sitting at my desk at work!

I'm doing at least 30-40mins cardio each time I hit the gym, and alternating days of upper body and lower body strength/circuit training. I also incorporate step areobics, tae bo, Biggest Loser DVDs, and ZUMBA classes when I need variety.
  • RiverRatChick
    Options

Am I prying to ask what size you are? I am 6 feet and 156 lbs. My goal weight is 145. I am currently a size 6-8 and 38D.

Woot for all the tall girls at MFP! With so many over 5' 10", it's surprising more stores aren't selling talls... :huh:

I am almost always a size 6, very rarely a 4. I'm not as "gifted" as you in the ta-tas though!:cry::bigsmile:
  • RiverRatChick
    Options

Still can't believe a few are going for such low weights...but based on frame size it does show you can go that low...good luck and be healthy!!

:noway: Interesting comment. :noway: Lame.
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'8"

What is your weight? 245

What is your build? large...yeah...let's go with that

How much do you workout? at least 3 times (or so I HOPE)

How much do you eat average daily? 1400/day without exercise, with exercise probably closer to 1800/2000. DAMN...that's a lot compared to most so I may try to cut back. I need to make wiser choices while sitting at my desk at work!

I'm doing at least 30-40mins cardio each time I hit the gym, and alternating days of upper body and lower body strength/circuit training. I also incorporate step areobics, tae bo, Biggest Loser DVDs, and ZUMBA classes when I need variety.

weight was 258---now 231
    height 6'0
    build---I'm going with large frame too!:smile:
    eat 1450 a day and usually earn an extra 450 for walking during the work week and then can earn over a 1000 extras with walking and swimming on the weekend
    I walk 4-5 miles every morning and swim a mile on Saturday and /or Sunday if I'm not working.
    Looking for a treadmill this weekend.
    I've been RELIGIOUS about loggin in my food and exercise---and it's working!!!

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Chellekk
    Options

:noway: Interesting comment. :noway: Lame.

I went and had a body pod test done (much the same as being weighed in water) and they figured I should be 147 pounds at my BEST weight. I'm 5' 9". On here I read that someone much taller then myself wants to be 120-130 and it doesn't compute. I would assume they are a small frame and not med or large.

I'm must be lame.
  • RiverRatChick
    Options
    You're right. I think that it is lame to make assumptions and comments about personal information that people are sharing. Does it make you feel better about yourself to suggest that those who desired to be 120 pounds are unhealthy just because you want to be heavier than that? Wouldn't it just be a good idea to keep your judgements to yourself rather than posting them and perhaps offending others? I believe that leaving judgements and personal attacks out of discussions that involve very private matters such as weight would lead to a more amicable environment here on MFP.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    If anything, we should know by now that women's bodies come in all sizes.

You can't make assumptions that somebody who is 130 and 5' 10" is leading an unhealthy lifestyle.

We're here to support everyone in their unique fitness goals.
  • Chellekk
    Options
    Here's what I said:

"Still can't believe a few are going for such low weights...but based on frame size it does show you can go that low...good luck and be healthy!! "

Not sure where I said people were unhealthy or shouldn't go that low. I believe it reads, based on FRAME SIZE you CAN go that low. Hense...good luck and be healthy!

I think you're taking offense to something that you've made up and not what was said.

I also don't think in my statement that I attacked anyone. Sorry if you misread that, but it was not my intent.
  • Chellekk
    Options
    If anything, we should know by now that women's bodies come in all sizes.

You can't make assumptions that somebody who is 130 and 5' 10" is leading an unhealthy lifestyle.

We're here to support everyone in their unique fitness goals.

You are right and again...I never said that someone was unhealthy in doing so. I said it was based on frame size and that people can go that low.

I do, however, think that people may misread their frame size. You might think you are a large, but are actually a med, or small vs med. It does happens. That's why I went and had the body pod test on me, so I would know for sure, which is also mentioned in my first post. I'm not saying everyone should do it, but I wanted to know. It's better then guessing.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'10

What is your weight? 274 (I'm just starting)

What is your build? I don't know since I've been over weight all of my life. My trainers are always surprised at how much I can lift so I like to think under it all I'm muscular. LOL

How much do you workout? Currently it's a struggle to make it 3 x's a week.

How much do you eat average daily? Again, I'm just starting and I seem to make it under 1800 (barely) most days.

I don't have any advice for you but I hope to one day be 170!
  • danigirl
    danigirl Posts: 17
    Options
    Weighinginwithmy02- Looks like you are in a similar position to myself. Good luck!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 155lbs
    Build: Medium
    Work out: Run 2x a week and do mild weights at least 1 day a week
    Average eating calories: 1200-1400
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'1

What is your weight? 120

What is your build? small frame

How much do you workout? 3-5 I have been doing 4x's mostly

How much do you eat average daily? It depends If I am working out. If I am not my goal is 1200 sometimes I do go over but only by a little. Other than that when I work out I try to aim towards 1400 or my calorie goal of the day; I do intense workouts so if I am hungry and my goal for the day is 1700 I will eat that amount.

My biggest complaint?
    - Portion control. I am the worst.
    - Because I am so short gaining or loosing 5 lbs is very dramatic. Which stinks!
    - I am on birthcontrol so loosing lbs is very hard for me
  • ccano
    ccano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 5'8"

What is your weight? 133

What is your build? Medium

How much do you workout? Six times a week

How much do you eat average daily? Between 1200-1400 every day.

I did the "happy weight" test. I am almost ten pounds lighter than what it suggests my happy weight is. It said 142 would be my happy weight. I think it's hard to understand why someone would want to be a lower weight without first seeing their bodies. I mean, this is the internet. I would like to be in the high 120's when all is said and done. I'm sure that might sound crazy to some of you. But you didn't see me at 145, and you don't know what I look like now. Weight distribution varies from person to person. Bodies, in general, are different! Someone my height might be 133 lbs and slim and gorgeous. I'm not saying I'm not slim, because I'm finally to the point where I do feel slim. But I still have issues with my little belly pooch and my butt and thighs. I'm also wanting to tone my upper arms. I do ab workouts every single day, and cardio to get rid of that layer of fat that just doesn't want to reveal the abs I've been working so hard on, lol. I would be comfortable in a bathing suit right now, but I wouldn't feel FABULOUS. And I am aiming for fabulous.

For instance, I think RiverRatChick looks phenomenal in her pic! I would love to look like that! But I don't look like that right now, even being as low as 133 lbs.
  • momof2gr8kids
    Options
    Height: 6"0"
    weight: 213 - aiming for 170
    frame: large
    workout: I try for at least 4 times a week. Mostly doing treadmill at this point. I throw in Wii Fit stuff almost every day with some resistance bands every once in a while too.
    Calories: 1220 + exercise calories

I've only lost 7 pounds so far but I've also lost a total of 7". It's working slowly but surely. I just purchase a Polar F4 this weekend and I'm hoping that will really help me keep better track of my calories burned.
  • RiverRatChick
    Options

For instance, I think RiverRatChick looks phenomenal in her pic! I would love to look like that! But I don't look like that right now, even being as low as 133 lbs.

Wow, thank you for such a nice compliment. That made my day!:flowerforyou: