Weight gains after 16 hour fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    So I have to ask The Elephant In The Room question...

Are you doing this 16 hour fast with no water just to manipulate your weigh in? Because that won't really be helpful in the long run. I weigh in every day regardless. Some days I just have to go, "WTF?" because it really doesn't make a lot of sense when I am lower or when I am higher.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10683010/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-fluctuations/p1

No it’s mostly because I am too tired to get out of bed come Sunday most days. Basically just spend the day relaxing and catching up on sleep. Sometimes I do find the energy to get up (usually when I need to get stuff done) in which case I have my two bottles of water on me all day refilling constantly. It just so happens that the particular day in question was a very lazy day for me.

Trust me when I say this I think I drink more than the average person in terms of how much. I’m constantly refilling and drinking and I’ve always been this way.

If it's true that you don't drink water on Sunday because you're literally too tired to get out of bed to get a glass of water.... you need to see a doctor... ASAP. Because that would be legitimately scary. A body that can't even get up to get water for 16 hours is usually near death. So near death that the body has completely given up on even attempting basic survival measures.

I’ve been too tired to get out of bed on Sundays for 29 years and nothings wrong with me. Doctor has checked me out plenty of times. My wife is even worse she sleeps longer than I do!

I think you’re taking my comments a little too literally. I’ve got the energy to get out of bed im just too sleepy to want to leave the bed.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm the weirdo that actually looks at a scale manual. Only glances, not reading it!

While graduations on digital are many times shown as down to 0.2 lbs.
    Elsewhere the stated accuracy is +- 1 or 2 lbs.

So normal inaccuracy of digital scales, and tad messed up.

Many scales have a manual recalibration mode, especially those you stand on to also turn on - may need to do that.