Getting started....again. Advice needed for getting started and staying on track

Options
Looking for a support team to help hold me accountable as i start my journey to a healthy lifestyle. I need to get into a routine of eating less and exercising more especially as I work through my first 30 days of starting a new habit. All advice is appreciated on how you got started and stayed on track. ;)

Replies

• sandradee0124
    sandradee0124 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I just started this program. Did some losing in WW but the app was messy. I need to lose about 40 lbs. Exercising and logging food every day. 🙂
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    strevino wrote: »
    Looking for a support team to help hold me accountable as i start my journey to a healthy lifestyle. I need to get into a routine of eating less and exercising more especially as I work through my first 30 days of starting a new habit. All advice is appreciated on how you got started and stayed on track. ;)

And right there in bold italics is your solution to your problem. Tips, tricks, shortcuts . . . just NOPE. Plain old developing good habits, YES! Why do you brush your teeth, shower, brush your hair, clean your house? Is it because it causes such overwhelming joy you just can't wait to leap out of bed(and make it) and do them every day? No, it is HABIT. You do it every day, rain or shine, happy or sad, sick or well, because it is habit. The same thing is true with developing a healthy lifestyle. It has to become a habit.

One of the things that helped me was joining the monthly Ultimate Accountability Challenge. In that you try to
    1. Stay within your calorie goal
    2. Track everything you eat and drink.
    3. Exercise deliberately 20 minutes daily.

You don't have to write it all down, just acknowledge you did them. It is a great group of people, very encouraging and full of helpful things to learn.
  • mytempleisloved
    mytempleisloved Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm new at this too. Thanks for the advice. It was good for me too.