Bring It On!

Options
drjalimauro
drjalimauro Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2021 in Motivation and Support
I have a goal of losing 23 pounds by December 14th at my next bariatric pre-op appointment. I am currently at 498 looking to reach 475 by that appointment. I am determined to reach this goal. Because of my high weight, most exercise is not happening at this time (I am doing some walking and sedentary movements) so it's mostly diet. I am doing great right now but it's three long months. Could use some cheerleaders!

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP @drjalimauro

“Weight loss happens in the kitchen” is a common mantra around here.

Exercise is not necessary, but I hope that eventually you’ll welcome it.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of losing 23 pounds by December 14th at my next bariatric pre-op appointment. I am currently at 498 looking to reach 475 by that appointment. I am determined to reach this goal. Because of my high weight, most exercise is not happening at this time (I am doing some walking and sedentary movements) so it's mostly diet. I am doing great right now but it's three long months. Could use some cheerleaders!

You can do it. Just remember it’s your new lifestyle your transitioning to so remember focus on improving your health for the remaining decades of life you want to be around for. Don’t fall into the trap of making it to a #. You’ll have ups, downs and plateaus just like other folks either it be through medical means or longer periods of lifestyle adjustments. Pay attention to your Dr. I’ve known a few folks that have opted for surgery after they drop a good amount start going back to old habits or from the get go they figure to do what they want to do. Chime in and keep us updated on occasion. The community is here for you.
  • drjalimauro
    drjalimauro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @springlering62, oh I will welcome the exercise eventually for sure. This is a journey for me. :)
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options

Hey! Well done with getting started! I too have a long road ahead of me. I’m trying to lose 155lbs but without the surgery. Happy to have you as a friend on here to cheer on if required? Just send me a request. Good luck with your journey, just keep repeating to yourself ‘I’ve got this, I can do this, I will do this’. It’s working for me so far!