No motivation right now. And I was doing so well. :(

Options
So I hurt my foot last week, and although it is feeling better, I am totally milking it. I'm eating ok but I have NO desire to exercise right now.

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    You just have to do it. Motivation or not, just get up and do it. Even if it's a light walk, imagine how good you'll feel once it's over. That initial feeling of do not want will pass, and you'll think, "Why did I not want to do this?" DO IT.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    do you want motivation or a guilt trip? lol i can give you both, I am a single mother! hehe ;)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    As long as your eating is under control, no worries! They say weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise.

or something like that:smile:
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That is a real bummer! I know it doesn't take much to get off track! He your foot gets better soon - then get out for a walk on a nice fall day!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% diet, and 20% exercise, you will still lose even if you aren't exercising.

That being said, exercising makes you feel good.

Do it!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Lay in bed and do sit ups! ;)
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I hurt my foot and took a few days off. I felt soimpatient. So I just started jogging again and it actually helped it. Everyone falls off the wagon. I have plenty of times. Just get back on it and stick to it. :)
  • Boomqueesha21
    Options
    You can do it! Just think of the reward, we all get off track sometimes, but the key is not to stay there too long. You have to keep positive thoughts: " Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming" Good Luck.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Can you swim in the meantime? That's about the only thing I can do right now without feeling like I'm about to die! But it is a great exercise and good toning too!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Can you swim? That would be non-weight bearing or you could do weight.strength training rather than cardio until the foot heals.
  • smallertopnotch
    Options
    Lay in bed and do sit ups! ;)
    This is what I was going to say... it works
  • midmomike2
    Options
    you might try modifying some of your normal exercises. It's sometimes hard to get going again after a setback, but I have found I am so glad that I did start again and before long you're back in the swing of things. Good Luck! You Can Do It!
  • LycosNyctereutes
    Options
    Check out some of the success stories on this site, and what your "friends" have been up to. That always motivates me. That and a little caffeine ;) .
  • inesblack
    Options
    Don't give up! start with baby steps again! i just start in the program and reading other stories keep me going! You go girl!:flowerforyou:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    So I hurt my foot last week, and although it is feeling better, I am totally milking it. I'm eating ok but I have NO desire to exercise right now.

ok girl...you and I are friends so I am going to lay it out for you. You are an extremely strong woman. That being said you are also a very stubborn woman too. So I am telling you now. I will be on your wall everyday if you don't stop milking it and get your back side back in gear!!!!! You know I will do it too! Go on now....I will wait here until you are done. I know of all the wonderful talented things you are....being a quitter isn't one of them!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options

ok girl...you and I are friends so I am going to lay it out for you. You are an extremely strong woman. That being said you are also a very stubborn woman too. So I am telling you now. I will be on your wall everyday if you don't stop milking it and get your back side back in gear!!!!! You know I will do it too! Go on now....I will wait here until you are done. I know of all the wonderful talented things you are....being a quitter isn't one of them!

What ^ she said!
  • LeahZehnder
    Options
    keep your head up!