Intermittent fasting ??

Options
amb000
amb000 Posts: 12 Member
Hey peeps! I have just started with IF. Initially i have planned for 7:17 window . I need to reduce around 20-25 lbs till dec . Anyone else interested to join me ..??

Replies

• martina28
    martina28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi @amb007 ; I have about the same target goal. I tried IF last year and it does work. As my problematic times with low control are eveningsI might actually too join you on the challenge;) i have only started today logging after long time. Martina
  • martina28
    martina28 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ups wrong name;) 🙃 @amb000
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've done IF, too. As others have noted, it only works with a calorie deficit. But it did help me because I tend to eat more late in the day, so it was more difficult to overeat in that 8 hour window. You may find that it works for you, too, for that reason.
  • jtwesttx
    jtwesttx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    amb000 wrote: »
    Hey peeps! I have just started with IF. Initially i have planned for 7:17 window . I need to reduce around 20-25 lbs till dec . Anyone else interested to join me ..??

amb000, go for it! The reality is that an IF lifestyle works, and I’d advise cutting sugar. Not because sugar is bad for you, but I think you will be surprised at how you aren’t as hungry when you cut added sugar from your diet. Add little strength training, nothing crazy, just a little exercise. 8 fit is a great app and it works. Good luck!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I 'technically' either do or don't do IF, sometimes, depending on your perspective. I never eat breakfast; sometimes there is milk in my coffee. I sometimes don't do lunch. Sometimes I do OMAD.

It's all just calories.

I like eating substantial meals and prefer eating in the evening. I spend my calories there.

If I'm extra hungry in the morning for some reason I just eat.

I am down just about 60lbs from joining MFP and 70+ from my high weight. I'm now like 130lbs instead of right around 200 and obese. "Saving" my calories for when I was most hungry/most wanted to eat helped me do that.

It's all about calories and figuring out how to stay satisfied with the number that will get or keep your weight where you want it.
  • amb000
    Options
    Nothing magic with IF….calories in and calories out!….I eat 16:8 and didn’t know I was on IF….it’s just the way I have always eaten….I don’t like hardly any breakfast foods….I have lost 110 lbs but it is because I keep my calories low!

I will b eating clean and walking for an hour daily along with IF. Already drinking plenty of water. Its a life style change for me cuz i have always eaten whatever and whenever i wanted to eat ..no restrictions , no diets , no exercise..
  • amb000
    Options
    jtwesttx wrote: »

amb000, go for it! The reality is that an IF lifestyle works, and I’d advise cutting sugar. Not because sugar is bad for you, but I think you will be surprised at how you aren’t as hungry when you cut added sugar from your diet. Add little strength training, nothing crazy, just a little exercise. 8 fit is a great app and it works. Good luck!

I have been eating clean since i started..and walking daily for an hour.. i am skipping on sugary stuff..also trying to drink more water.. i never restricted myself for anything ..IF is a big lifestyle change for me .
    Recently i have explored some weightloss apps like "weightloss for women" & "30 days fitness challange" & 30 days workout. Have u ever tried following any apps like this ?
  • amb000
    Options
    martina28 wrote: »
    Hi @amb007 ; I have about the same target goal. I tried IF last year and it does work. As my problematic times with low control are eveningsI might actually too join you on the challenge;) i have only started today logging after long time. Martina

I would love u to join me and we can motivate eachother here...do u actually log in ur food intake as well ?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    jtwesttx wrote: »

I have been eating clean since i started..and walking daily for an hour.. i am skipping on sugary stuff..also trying to drink more water.. i never restricted myself for anything ..IF is a big lifestyle change for me .
    Recently i have explored some weightloss apps like "weightloss for women" & "30 days fitness challange" & 30 days workout. Have u ever tried following any apps like this ?
    martina28 wrote: »

I would love u to join me and we can motivate eachother here...do u actually log in ur food intake as well ?

Eating "clean" whatever your definition, is not a requirement for weight loss either. For me it's actually more helpful to eat what I want but log portions. Learning about foods I typically eat can be helpful.

You will find most people here log food. That's what the site is designed for.
  • cmcezare
    cmcezare Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've started with IF last Saturday and already lost 1kg, I'm really happy. My goal is to lose 5kg in one month, because I have a wedding party to go. Focus, focus, focus!
    I'm running 5km every day as well, and controlling my meals with the app, eating less than 1200 calories daily.